NBA Finals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cleveland is my east team and being from San Francisco Golden State is my west team -besides the Thunder. I'm not feeling them coming back from 3-0 at all, especially after #3. They did came back last year tho and won it but they were at 3-1 then, I just don't see the same fire in LeBron this year like he had last year, Kyrie maybe, but not LB. He's even said after #3 that its just too much to go up against the 4 of them after they brought Kevin in. He had a decent season, he's playing in his 8th Finals, 7 straight, he's won 3, been MVP twice. Spread it around. Give GC another ring, they deserve more than anybody after the stellar season they just had.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
?? Hockey? GS are 15-0 as of now I think, never before done in the NBA.

Never done in the history of the Big 4 major league sports (MLB, NBA, NHL, NFL). 14-0 playoff run was the best, now it is 15-0, likely, in my opinion, to be 16-0, but honestly, Lebron, Kyrie and Co. will definitely pull out all the stops to make sure they aren't going to be swept. That's a humiliation I'm not sure their organization and ego can endure - as a team. If they get swept, I would foresee some major changes for the Cavs - not that it will make any difference.

I've watched it all and I'm, sadly, enjoying the beat down of James. Great player, but the way he left (years ago) still sticks in my craw along with the all star Miami thing.
Glad to see Durant, and company, dominate. He deserves the ring and everything else he gets. Maybe he might decide to come back OKC to finish his career. He built the Thunder program and I won't forget that.

I do believe Durant was the main impetus behind the Thunder rising over the years. Westbrook was his sidekick and developed quite a bit, grew quite a bit in that role, but let's face it - Durant is NEVER - repeat NEVER - coming back to OKC. There is absolutely zero reason for him to do so. By all accounts, he is very happy living in The Bay Area, he is on an amazing team being legitimately compared with all of the great organizations throughout NBA history, he is about to get his First Ring (which was the most important thing to him), and is set up to get several more rings in the next 3-5 years. He's still young, the rest of the Warriors' team is very young, and money and cap space are the only things that could give them problems.

I was a little bitter when KD left, I'll admit. I don't blame him, per se, but I was very sad. Not even disappointed in him, I can 10000% see where he is coming from. He doesn't want to end up as a Karl Malone, Allen Iverson, Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, Dikembe Mutumbo, John Stockton, a Reggie Miller - all Hall of Famers (or future) without the championship. I mean seriously, every one of those guys gets talked about all the time in the roles they played, and every time, they have the "caveat" raised that they never pulled off the championship. Hell, even as MVPs, they still got knocked out - just as KD had up to this point.

Today's NBA requires multiple All-Stars, i.e., the Super Teams, to pull off the Championship, sadly. You're not going to see many teams get very far with all solid, good players who play together well, but without major superstars. It's just too tough to compete that way against $100M salary caps ('17-'18 cap is $102M). The closest we've seen in this era (say the Lebron/Durant Era) was the Spurs a couple years back, but I don't think we're going to see that again. Probably ever.

I don't hate Durant, and I'm rooting for the Warriors to win the sweep and make history. His claim to fame will be legitimized as the final puzzle piece that helped them springboard into what could be a run that challenges the history of the Lakers, Celtics or the Bulls. Who knows. Yes, he came into an already-great team that was 1 year out of a championship having blown a series they had locked down to the Cavs, but he's come in and dominated. He's led their team in rebounds, 2nd in scoring and 3rd in assists. He's not on the coattails, he is contributing and I think it's a legit Championship for him. The next few years and likely next few rings he achieves there will be, as well.

He's already said he would like to re-up with them. The only thing that might give them trouble is money. For one, Curry is the most underpaid guard in the league (by league standards, I won't get into whether I think what these guys make is worth it, lol). His contract is coming up. Iggy would start for any other team in the NBA if he left. They're going to have some money-crunching issues in the next few years, but these guys love playing together, and they're ridiculously successful - they might just all get together and decide to sacrifice a few mill each to keep the train rolling. Lord knows it would pay off for them in the longrun to (further) establish a dynasty that is going to pay them tons more in endorsement opportunities in the next 10-30 years than basketball will pay them for the next 5.

That's my opinion, anyways. ;)

For me, I hope they do something with the Thunder offense. We need to get Russell some serious consistent help in there.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've watched it all and I'm, sadly, enjoying the beat down of James. Great player, but the way he left (years ago) still sticks in my craw along with the all star Miami thing.
Glad to see Durant, and company, dominate. He deserves the ring and everything else he gets. Maybe he might decide to come back OKC to finish his career. He built the Thunder program and I won't forget that.
I'll root for the sweep. Last nights game was fun but so was the butt kicking

I c0uldnf disagree more with this, he basically left to jointhey team he couldn't beat. Total chicken **** move, he screwed OKC or they would have been able to trade him for some value before just letting him walk (that is Presti's fault) I was ok with him leaving just not going to Golden State, the NBA is a little screwed now with the then new salary caps, Golden State can stay on top for the next 6 years realistically and nobody else is even close

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I c0uldnf disagree more with this, he basically left to jointhey team he couldn't beat. Total chicken **** move, he screwed OKC or they would have been able to trade him for some value before just letting him walk (that is Presti's fault) I was ok with him leaving just not going to Golden State, the NBA is a little screwed now with the then new salary caps, Golden State can stay on top for the next 6 years realistically and nobody else is even close

em apples sound sour...

Latest posts

Top Bottom