Need advice on updated AR handguard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m unsure how to measure handguard lengths, does this look like a 8”? It’s an old, heavy, clunky quad rail on a LWRC M6A3 carbine. Thought I had to have a piston action AR 15-20 years ago, surprise, it’s a front heavy design. Was wondering if these new (to me), long, slender M-Lok slotted hand guards would lighten this front end? Somewhat noticeably?

Attachments

• IMG_0219.jpeg
    IMG_0219.jpeg
    3.2 MB
  • IMG_0217.jpeg
    IMG_0217.jpeg
    3.6 MB

Bill_Long_Tan

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m unsure how to measure handguard lengths, does this look like a 8”? It’s an old, heavy, clunky quad rail on a LWRC M6A3 carbine. Thought I had to have a piston action AR 15-20 years ago, surprise, it’s a front heavy design. Was wondering if these new (to me), long, slender M-Lok slotted hand guards would lighten this front end? Somewhat noticeably?
A cigarette looks like 8 inches to me...

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh man, the qd rails are hot again all of the sudden. You should keep them. But I have switched a couple of mine over. Still have the Surefire qd’s though. However, most of the AR accessories I possess are mlok.
Whatever you do, don’t go dickmod pattern.
Oh, for handguard measurements you need to back to where it meets the upper receiver to measure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom