** NEED HELP (Advice) please read ***

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reading this thread makes it pretty clear why the country and today's kids are in some of the troubles we are.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have got to be kidding. You're saying everybody whose kids ride the bus is endangering them? :saywhat:

What has the world come to that riding the school bus considered that dangerous?

Wow, you're doing a great job of reading words that aren't there. Good job.

I'm saying leaving your kids without adult supervision, is endangering them. If you see them safely onto the bus that's fine, but what about the folks that work two jobs and can't see their kids safely to the bus? They just have to throw their kids outside and say "Good luck with the drug dealers and the pedophiles!"?!?!

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, you're doing a great job of reading words that aren't there. Good job.

I'm saying leaving your kids without adult supervision, is endangering them. If you see them safely onto the bus that's fine, but what about the folks that work two jobs and can't see their kids safely to the bus? They just have to throw their kids outside and say "Good luck with the drug dealers and the pedophiles!"?!?!

It has worked for generations.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
but what about the folks that work two jobs and can't see their kids safely to the bus? They just have to throw their kids outside and say "Good luck with the drug dealers and the pedophiles!"?!?!

Cool hyperbole, bro. What exactly is your point? Kids still actually walk to school; I see it every day. I see it every day in parts of town some OSA members (hai _CY_) wear bullet-proof vests to. Leaving kids without adult supervision != endangerment. Life itself carries with it an inherent danger that you can't hide from.

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.

Then again we're on a forum where people refuse to believe children are much safer from criminal predators nowadays than they were in the 1970's, even though it's easily provable.

Don't you think home schooling deprives kids of socialization?

Right? Who's gonna teach them to buy drugs and make fake ID's? Mom?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
gl55 said:
Reading this thread makes it pretty clear why the country and today's kids are in some of the troubles we are.

Exactly. The kids are being punished because the parents can't get up early enough to get the kids to school on time.
What is this teaching the kids? I have to be to work on time every day, or lose
My job. Kids have to be at school or somebody gets punished. It's a disruption for the other students that seem to get there on time, by parents that adjust driving times to account on high traffic conditions, have alternate routes for bad weather, and other road conditions.

I'm sorry, the blame does not belong on the school, nor teachers, or the city, or the highways.
Somebody needs to think about personal accountability.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is incorrect. There are no applications, fees, or tests required to home school your children.

NO... You are incorrect. I just had a student go through this process. She had to put an application in throught the state, She was told she needed to lease a computer through the state to do her assignments on, She was told she had to be online on the given website for at least six hours per day, and she had to pass the same EOI exams that her classmates who came to school have to pass.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly. The kids are being punished because the parents can't get up early enough to get the kids to school on time.
What is this teaching the kids? I have to be to work on time every day, or lose
My job. Kids have to be at school or somebody gets punished. It's a disruption for the other students that seem to get there on time, by parents that adjust driving times to account on high traffic conditions, have alternate routes for bad weather, and other road conditions.

I'm sorry, the blame does not belong on the school, nor teachers, or the city, or the highways.
Somebody needs to think about personal accountability

AMEN. Thanks for getting it! Finally someone has said it stated it very clearly.

CodyC99

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NO... You are incorrect. I just had a student go through this process. She had to put an application in throught the state, She was told she needed to lease a computer through the state to do her assignments on, She was told she had to be online on the given website for at least six hours per day, and she had to pass the same EOI exams that her classmates who came to school have to pass.

I believe what you are describing is a public school at home option. This is not required. We removed our children from public school three years ago to be home schooled. There was no application or fees involved. The only thing we had to do was inform the school that our children would not be returning to school the next year. My children are home schooled three days a week and attend co-op classes the other two days. I personally know at least 10 families with children from 5 to 17 years in age that also home school their children. There are no state required tests these children must take to continue to be home schooled.

Here is a link for more information on home schooling in Oklahoma if you are interested. http://oklahomahomeschooling.org/index.htm

Latest posts

Top Bottom