NEED HELP!!! Removing a threaded flash hider

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Soaked it for about 3 hours and tried the strap wrench - no dice. I've tried rag wrapping it but the rag keeps it from getting a solid grip, I think I'm going to try taping it up.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try dipping it in boiling water for a few minutes. Run up to sears and grab a slim profile combo wrench set. http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM1323220001P?prdNo=3&blockNo=3&blockType=G3

Dang it! I went to Sears today to get the strap wrench, I'm going to exchange that piece of junk for a set of those. Tons of you are recommending heat so I'll find a way to get it hot too. Probably the boiling water - I'm afraid a propane torch will discolor the barrel.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it was rocksett it would need to be left in water overnight or placed in boiling water for a little while. If red loctite, it will need heat. You might also try penetrating oil. You can use a strip of leather for a grip with some channel locks. Good luck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom