Need someone to replace wind turbine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone on here in the OKC area have experience replacing the wind turbine on the roof of houses? I remounted our current one three times and I'm tired of it falling off. After these last storms I need a new one. Apparently it was mounted with rivets and I have no experience with them. I'm willing to buy lunch for someone to come install a new one.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the junction between the flange (on the deck and under the shingles) to the "super structure " of those turbines is riveted. I'd look at drilling the rivets out and replacing those with sheet metal screws or nuts and bolts. If your old unit is not all bent up you may be able to fix it.

To change the whole unit out...your gonna have to lift some shingles and pull the whole thing up. A new unit will be all riveted together and the flange and joint (so you can twist the top around and plumb it up) are not really intended to be dimantled.

To get the old one out... lift the shingles with a flat pry bar... if your carful you can raise the nails and salvage the shingles.

Pay attention to how the old one comes out... reverse to install the new one. Get a bucket of roofers cement (Bull) and a hand full of roofers nails.

Not that hard if you pay attention to what's up there...

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've replaced this one twice already with sheet metal screws. This time it blew off and across the street. I have to buy a new one now but I can't get them to stay on the house.

Latest posts

Top Bottom