Never a dull moment at the DPI house!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DPI

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone made credit card purchases yesterday in excess of $10,000 at a Sam's club in Tennessee while I was in Tulsa. I found the charges via the credit card online activity report this morning. I contacted the credit card company and talked to the fraud department who canceled that card information and reissued a new account number. They also provided the zip code and times of the purchases. In addition, 2 other purchases were declined at a different Sam's club in TN.

Using the zip code I found the store where the purchases were made. I contacted the store and the store manager. I explained the situation and provided the information I got from the credit card company. I also talked to the store manager at the Sam's where the purchases were declined. I then filed a police report.

Well, I just got off the phone with the store manager of the $10k in actual purchases and they have video of the person making the purchases and they have his name and address. It is a home office business out of Chicago and he bought $10,046.84 worth of cigarettes which the store manager said was not an unusual purchase amount for cigarettes.

And if they are fencing cigarettes and bypassing the Chicago mafia, I mean government taxes, I may be talking to the Feds shortly.

What of fun day off work... Never a dull moment.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Considering the amount charged and the interstate issues, I'd contact the local Secret Service. They handle credit card fraud when it's a substantial amount.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am curious as to why you are doing your own investigative work here, are you just trying to help? With the money amount of their purchases, tobacco being state and federally regulated and crime taking place out of state, I would say this one will probably gets some special attention though.

JonN06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had a similar run in with my wife's debit card about 2 years ago. Although nowhere near as substantial as yours. They bought something from a vending machine and bought some shoes off Zappos as well as a few other items. A couple hundred dollars worth of stuff. All the people we had to deal with to get it fixed up were really nice and helpful though. Good luck sir.

Latest posts

Top Bottom