New addition

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picked up a nice Plainfield from one of my good buddies and fellow forum member rjbrooks7. It's an early production rifle built using USGI parts. The only commercially produced parts are the receiver, barrel, and trigger housing. The rear sight and Type III front band are Inland and the slide is Postal Meter. I have not disassembled the trigger group yet to identify the parts. I gave everything a good clean and lube, dropped it in a SA potbelly stock, and added a repro sling and stock pouch. Overall it's a great little rifle and looks like a USGI carbine at first glance. I'm happy to have this one in my collection...especially considering the prices that USGI rifles are bringing these days. I'm not sure if I would be able to justify dropping the cash on one anytime soon.

Last edited:

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I decide to start collecting WWII milsurps I'm just gonna tell you to pick it out for me. 'Cause I knows it's gonna be bling. :D

:drooling:

I do like my milsurps neat and clean. They may not look like they have a ton of character and history but at least they're easy to look at...lol.

Nice one. Its a strong possibility the tg is alloy. Not the end of the world but sometimes they need attention to keep the mag feeding reliably.

The trigger housing is definitely alloy. It still feeds without any issues at this point and if it ever wears out I'll just replace it with a USGI piece. The fact that the Plainfields are 100% compatible with USGI parts makes things much easier.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I decide to start collecting WWII milsurps I'm just gonna tell you to pick it out for me. 'Cause I knows it's gonna be bling. :D

:drooling:

I do like my milsurps neat and clean. They may not look like they have a ton of character and history but at least they're easy to look at...lol.

You guys and your bling :rolleyes2 As long as it's not falling apart, give me character! :D

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like your sling and pouch better than mine.

Attachments

• pics622.jpg
    pics622.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 176

Latest posts

Top Bottom