New and Improved Wise Foods ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got my free sample packet of the "new and improved" Wise Foods. They sent me Alfredo Pasta.

The packaging does seem to be a bit more substantial than the older packages we have. Additionally, I have some older packages that have a seam along the center back of the package. This package does not have that seam.

I haven't done it yet, but I will before I toss out the packaging but I'm gonna look and see if I have a package of this from my order before and compare the ingredients list. I'll post what I find ...

I have some shrimp in the fridge I need to use, so I'll open up the package tonight and give it a try. Will get back with y'all ... :rubhands:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK ... well a little late ... I had the Wise stuff for dinner tonight, instead of last night. Flavor of this packet was better than the last thing I ate from them. Not nearly as salty. There seemed to be a bit more "substance" to the rehydrated meal. Packet said it served 4, probably closer to 3 sides; but definitely more that the 2 the old packaging provided.

Flavor-wise it was okay. I still prefer to make my own sauces, that way I can control spicyness, heat, salt, etc.

I still probably won't order from them unless they have a killer sale, but they aren't marked completely off the list like they were before.

I say order the sample from them and make your own judgments.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BB you need to get the mix a meal cook book, it is spectacular! I make huge batches of Alfredo mix by just adding a few more ingredients to their basic white sauce mix recipe and my own onion soup mix etc there are ton more in there but those are my two favorites. It really does save money to mix your own.
If you use the dry mix to make alfredo sauce that is... LOL
http://www.amazon.com/Mix-A-Meal-Cookbook-Deanna-Bean/dp/0970869703

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BB you need to get the mix a meal cook book, it is spectacular! I make huge batches of Alfredo mix by just adding a few more ingredients to their basic white sauce mix recipe and my own onion soup mix etc there are ton more in there but those are my two favorites. It really does save money to mix your own.
If you use the dry mix to make alfredo sauce that is... LOL
http://www.amazon.com/Mix-A-Meal-Cookbook-Deanna-Bean/dp/0970869703

Hmmmm ... I think I may have that laying around here somewhere ... what "few" ingredients do you add if you don't mind my asking?

Hmmm...has the new and improved only been available since Aug-Sep 13?
If so, should I assume I have old and crappy Wise food?

I dunno for sure ... all I know is they supposedly recently (but I dunno the date) changed their food formulation and packaging in response to customer complaints ... The stuff I have (except for the sample I tried out last night) is from a couple of years ago. It's really not too good unless I add quite a bit more filler to thin out the saltiness ... I guess that would be okay if I had an army to feed ...

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The guy in talking to gives me about $30 off per bucket. They have a 3 month plan and by signing up you can get big discounts. I can get the 56 serving bucket for like $102 shipped. Normally shipped it's around $135.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmmm ... does he take other customers or are you a "special" friend? :D (I'm asking because I've got other questions that don't need to be asked if he's just a friend doing you a favor ... :) )

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought the package that's their "intro" or something, comes with 6 or 7 packs. I was just curious how it was because I'd heard so many people say it was terrible and way too salty but they were selling it everywhere. I got a good deal on it so curiosity won over.

I think it was "chili Mac" or something similar that I tried. Out of all of them it seemed the safest lol. It wasn't bad once I added stuff to it but it sure was salty. I get that salt is a great preservative, and I love salt, but it was way too much. It was edible though and in a worst case scenario I'd rather eat it than bugs and leaves. I left the remaining packs in the pantry to wait with the MRE's until things get bad enough to eat it and appreciate it.

I've heard that Mountain House makes the best "survival" food on the market, anyone tried it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom