New Armor Piercing Ammo Ban in Oklahoma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trob46

New to the site!
Reaction score
Tried to order a case of Russian Light Ball FMJ 7.62X54r from Sportsman's Guide today, when I put my Oklahoma zip in the shipping section I got a pop up stating that "armor piercing ammunition cannot be shipped to this address", this is interesting since since I had successfully ordered a case of the very same ammo the previous day! I called Sportsman's Guide to tell them it was a mistake and the CSR told "the legal department has advised us we can no longer ship this ammunition to you". My question is what gives? Am I not aware of some new crazy law or is this Sportsman's Guide legal department going overboard? I am aware that the amor piercing debate is and always has been a red herring, but has anybody else run into this problem?

waltham41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Its Sportsmansguide being paranoid. I tried a year or so ago to order some .50BMG from them and they would not ship it to Oklahoma, even though there is no law against .50BMG being shipped here. Went through the same thing with their CSR, was told sorry but their legal dept suggested they stop selling it in Okla

Go figure

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yeah, I placed a backorder at sportsmansguide and joined the buyer's club, but after they pushed back my backorder a month, I started looking around and seeing a bunch of bad reviews of the place. Seems like they're run by a bunch of clowns, so I cancelled the order and buyer's club and bought elsewhere.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they are actually verbally telling you this and that is what the legal department is telling them to do then we need to boycott them as well.

Sorry stores, you do NOT get to decided what you think the law should be and get to enforce it on me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom