new carry gun suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunnut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
With open carry now legal, I have switched to OWB carry with a Springfield XDm 3.8 .45 compact. It works great for me. I was carrying mostly IWB with a Kahr PM9 before.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd say that while it will limit one some with capacity, I've been impressed with the new Springfield XDs in .45 caliber. It is only about an inch think, which makes it thinner than the Glock 23. I did purchase the optional 7 round magazine so that I can carry with 7+1.

To be honest, I've not yet "carried" the XDs, but I soon will.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another vote for the XDs. I've carried mine for about a month, and have run 300 flawless rounds of ball ammo, and another 50-100 rounds of hollowpoint. I have one extended mag, and carry one of the regular mags on my weak side.

kevin40_2001

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry an XD9. It is the compact 4" but modified to take the subcompact mags and finished off with a little trigger work. Great guns! I have been considering the M&P Shield as well but haven't pulled the trigger due to availability, etc.

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kahr makes some great carry options. I'm a glock/polymer/striker fire fan myself and I carry a Kahr CM9. Nice smooth trigger (pull is a bit long, but that's ok in this case), well built, and surprisingly accurate.

I can carry my cm9 iwb in shorts and a tshirt and no one is the wiser.

Latest posts

Top Bottom