New Form 4473 coming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
UPDATE: And it's here! The NEW 4473! Yep, I went in to SSP yesterday to pick up a transfer, a NIB (old stock) Stainless Walther PPK in .380ACP :woohoo1:and the thing that glared right at me was this SEX thing...no, you don't get to write in "daily, weekly, monthly, only if I beg, or Not Applicable, you have to choose between THREE Choices: MALE, FEMALE, OR NON-BINARY. WTH? Why all of a sudden do we have to screw with Mother Nature's gender assignments at birth for something like this? I mean, who gives a hoot? I'm buying a gun for Pete's sake, not signing up for an online dating service!

I know this sounds like a rant; but I can't help it. I wasn't even really sure what this term "non-binary really means; so I looked it up on the internet; that way, you know it's true. Here, for your education in the new-normal spectrum of gender identity is what I found. Read it; if you want, and can...I got through a couple of sentences, then decided I had enough of this nonsense. I imagine we'll soon see the vast majority of, if not all forms that we have to fill out in our society that currently have the MALE or FEMALE box will transition (get it? Transition?) to this type of noise.
https://www.healthline.com/health/transgender/nonbinary

P.S. I wonder how much this nonsense cost the taxpayers, of all gender identities, to implement? :fullauto:

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sold two weapons today, transferred them to Texas and then bought a new CZ-97BD and I didn’t notice anything new on the 4473. Oddly I sold a CZ97 B today in order to buy the BD but thats really what i wanted the first time.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sold two weapons today, transferred them to Texas and then bought a new CZ-97BD and I didn’t notice anything new on the 4473. Oddly I sold a CZ97 B today in order to buy the BD but thats really what i wanted the first time.

Oh it's different alright, you must be using the old forms still.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you have to choose between THREE Choices: MALE, FEMALE, OR NON-BINARY. WTH?
It does make things easier for the FFL. The FFL is tasked with verifying the identity of the prospective transferee. So, say for example, a person comes into your store, and is interested in buying a gun. This person stands around 6ft. tall, weighs approx. 180 lbs, has big, strong hands, sinewy forearms, a firm, square jaw, and a prominent Adam's apple. Said person is also sporting high-heeled shoes, pantyhose, a long dress and a matching fur coat, lots of makeup, painted fingernails, and, rather obviously, a wig. Said person insists, in a most unladylike deep voice, on being called "ma'am". Said person then asks for Form 4473 (the older version).

As an FFL, you know that the NICS examiner will ask you about the sex of the prospective transferee. Let's say the "lady" checks the box marked "female". What you see is a man in drag. So, do you: (1) take the "lady" at "her" word and answer, "female", or (2) tell the NICS examiner that a man in drag has just checked the box marked "female", or (3) reserve your opinion for the moment, and instead record your observations on the part of Form 4473 set aside for dealer's comments, or (4) tell the "lady" to shop elsewhere, or (5) throw your hands up in the air and mutter, "WTH!" or, (6) ask the man in drag if he misunderstood the sex question, or (6)????

With the new form, the "lady" can check the box marked "Non-Binary" and everything is wonderful....

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
So is there a problem with changing back and forth I wonder? What if one day a person feels like a woman then the next a man then the next not sure at all?

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So is there a problem with changing back and forth I wonder? What if one day a person feels like a woman then the next a man then the next not sure at all?
Under the new dispensation, I suppose one can be whatever one feels comfortable with being on any given day. Brave new world, and all that rot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom