New Form 4473 coming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That question is on many forms, and I have never read a reason for including it. It certainly does seem out of step with society.
I just had a brief flash of memory, didn't this first begin to appear during the Obama years?

I believe you mean the BIDEN-Obama (or OBIDEN) Years.
I mean, isn't that the way he is trying to frame it?

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a few copies from the 1970s. I'd post it here in full but I've heard different and conflicting statements on if they can be posted or not.

Here's just the date.

20200625_211057.jpg

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just sounds like they are making people aware that it's illegal by putting it on the form. I'm curious as to the intended target though Cowcatcher.
I figure the person that they are speaking to isn’t filling out a 4473. I reckon the gun flippers are buyin private party.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I figure the person that they are speaking to isn’t filling out a 4473. I reckon the gun flippers are buyin private party.

Not necessarily.

I have a very limited clientele that I sell and transfer firearms for.
As a result, several names will appear frequently in my records.

I have been asked by my examiners several times if I think "Mr. X" might be transferring through me and then selling at a gunshow to bypass the FFL requirements.

Since I know all the "Mr. X"s personally, I tell them that I don't think it is a problem, but still they ask.

Dave

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The biggest problem with the new forms is it puts the firearm info on the first page, making it easy for the ATF to take a picture of the form and know what firearm with the S/N you have, making it an easy way to create an illegal registry. I know they have been doing this for ages already, but this makes it easier for them to do. Same thing with the electronic 4473's, they can just download all of them to a thumb drive and have all the info right there.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not necessarily.

I have a very limited clientele that I sell and transfer firearms for.
As a result, several names will appear frequently in my records.

I have been asked by my examiners several times if I think "Mr. X" might be transferring through me and then selling at a gunshow to bypass the FFL requirements.

Since I know all the "Mr. X"s personally, I tell them that I don't think it is a problem, but still they ask.

Dave
I know a couple people that used to do that.
ATF told them if they ever saw them set up at a gun show again they would be arrested.
Who knows what happened to them? Haven't seen them in about 4 or 5 years. Used to see them regularly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom