New Leather!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This just came today, (EDIT: For those who may not be familiar with this, it is the Milt Sparks Summer Special II) I ordered it from Brownells last Friday, I think it was. I like the Summer Special II for an IWB over the other designs like the VM II etc. Those are nice, oh yeah they sure are, but I guess I just don't like that much leather all up against me. The SS II is to me, the right rig for this pistol. It was like $107 with shipping. Waiting on a smooth side out one in Horsehide for my Glock 43.... the wait is killin' me but it is what it is. I'll try to not think about it in the meantime and just carry it in it's hard shell Kydex holster until one day here down the road, the Mailman will bring it to me!
Sparks SS II.JPG
Sparks SS II Back.jpg

Last edited:

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recall reading that when Bruce Nelson originally designed the Summer Special it was meant to be an appendix carry holster. I'd like to see Milt Sparks offer a SSII in an appendix carry format.

I have a VM2 for a S&W j-frame that gets little use but it's a definitely nice holster for a small revolver.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What did you pay for that? I'm curious to hear a report after you carry in it for a day. I think I"m still too fat to wear an IWB rig but I'd like to give one a try and thats nice looking stuff!

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recall reading that when Bruce Nelson originally designed the Summer Special it was meant to be an appendix carry holster. I'd like to see Milt Sparks offer a SSII in an appendix carry format.

I think I remember reading about that too. It seems to me that the original design had just one belt loop and if memory serves me right, it was on a swivel of some sort so you could wear it AIWB?

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This just came today, I ordered it from Brownells last Friday, I think it was. I like the Summer Special II for an IWB over the other designs like the VM II etc. Those are nice, oh yeah they sure are, but I guess I just don't like that much leather all up against me. The SS II is to me, the right rig for this pistol. It was like $107 with shipping. ...

What did you pay for that? I'm curious to hear a report after you carry in it for a day. I think I"m still too fat to wear an IWB rig but I'd like to give one a try and thats nice looking stuff!

$107...I think I posted that up top.... (Har). I have been carrying IWB for years, this is not my first or only Summer Special II holster. My all-steel Ruger SR1911 CMD rides very nicely in it too. The mouth of the holster is reinforced with a steel band so it won't close on you. Once you find the sweet spot, and for me that's about 3:30'ish, it is not an uncomfortable way to carry. I found that it took me just a short time to get used to it. A LOT of people carry a 1911 in a Milt Sparks Summer Special holster. I use the Nightingale Leather Griffon V in my avatar when I carry 1911 OWB.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I weigh 260 and wear only IWB. I wear mine just in front of my hip bone and it hides very well. I use a fairly inexpensive Winthrop holster.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I prefer the VM2 and have several but the SS2 is every bit the holster a VM2 is....just different. They do make a 1911 disappear.

Latest posts

Top Bottom