New Mexico Elk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I drew archery elk in unit 52. Going with the game warden here. We are already gathering info and stuff. You got to take lots of stuff. My dilemma now is whether to stay with the recurve or switch back to the compound for this hunt. I still have an old mathews laying around lonely.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats to all of your that got drawn!
My buddy that works for Conoco got transferred to Farmington NM, last year, and he drew the Oryx hunt on the white sands MR on his first try.
Got a great bull on his second day.

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up in Alamogordo. The only Elk hunting I know of in that area is based around Cloudcroft. Its a small town in the mountians about 16 miles from Alamogordo. Book yourself a room there and you will be centrally located in the area. Don't forget your winter gear. While it is southern New Mexico, they tend to get a lot of snow in the area and the side roads aren't given the best attention when there is heavy snow. Southernmost ski area in the US in Cloudcroft. Book a room early, the Texans like to come down for the winter. Good luck!

Thanks for the info and advice, much appreciated!

Latest posts

Top Bottom