New purchase--Hi Standard H-D Military

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bought it today from a pawn shop. No bargain, but in nice shape. Been looking for one of these for a long time. Sorry for the crummy pix. It's better than 95%, despite the way the pix look. CB

Attachments

• MVC-612S.JPG
    MVC-612S.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 317
  • MVC-613S.JPG
    MVC-613S.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 295

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hahaha, the digital noise makes it look rusty, if you have an all-in-one scanner/fax/copier/printer, you can lay it on there and scan it and see if the picture looks any better.

Anyway. I see these at the gun shows a lot and have heard there are particular models that are very good and ones that are very bad, seems like maybe the ones made in Texas were the good ones? Can you elaborate?

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hahaha, the digital noise makes it look rusty, if you have an all-in-one scanner/fax/copier/printer, you can lay it on there and scan it and see if the picture looks any better.

Anyway. I see these at the gun shows a lot and have heard there are particular models that are very good and ones that are very bad, seems like maybe the ones made in Texas were the good ones? Can you elaborate?

This one appears to be pretty old. Made in New Haven Conn. I think the Houston guns are the newer ones. The military models have a pretty good reputation for reliability, but the word is to stay away from the souped up .22 ammo like stingers, etc. since they did not exist when these guns were built.

Only possible issue so far is that the trigger seems a little heavy:bigeye:. No creep or overtravel, but needs to be lighter. CB

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yep, thats an old one!! Been awhile since I've seen one with the exposed hammer. Only ones I've handled and shot have internal hammers. As far as the trigger goes, she may just need a real good cleaning.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This one appears to be pretty old. Made in New Haven Conn. I think the Houston guns are the newer ones. The military models have a pretty good reputation for reliability, but the word is to stay away from the souped up .22 ammo like stingers, etc. since they did not exist when these guns were built.

Only possible issue so far is that the trigger seems a little heavy:bigeye:. No creep or overtravel, but needs to be lighter. CB

I've probably got that backwards, I think that the older ones are supposed to be the better guns, so maybe the Houston guns are the ones that are to be avoided. Either way, I think those are cool blasters.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After shooting Andy's I'm a believer. But before I bought one I'd have him check it out. He seems to know quite a bit about the different versions

Jam Master Jay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother and I share one exactly like that. It's the best shooting .22 pistol I've ever seen. I now have a Hi Standard DuraMatic and it's a not-so-close second with buckmarks and rugers a very distant 3rd and 4th.

They're pricey, though. I've been looking for one for myself so the one I currently have can be put on shelf duty, as it's an heirloom. People want around $800 for a less than ideal example.

Mind telling what this one cost?

Mine:

Attachments

• HSDM.JPG
    HSDM.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 194
  • HSHDM.jpg
    HSHDM.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 249

Latest posts

Top Bottom