New to revolvers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elm Creek Smith

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PLUS 1^^^^You can't go wrong with a K-Frame Smith, and love their large L frames too. Model 25, 57, 19, 66, 686 Man O Man. Staying with the 357 though model 19, or 66 would be my first choice, and then a 686 but just because it's very heavy.

The Model 25 and Model 57 are N-Frame Smith & Wessons. They are a bit larger than the K/L Frames.

Can't go wrong with a K-Frame and L-Frames are just fine.

Elm Creek Smith

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spent decades as a dedicated Jeff Cooper adherent swearing that the only useful handguns were M1911A1s and, if you HAD to have a NINE, a CZ-75 was okay, too. In the nearly 20 years since I retired from the Army, I eventually got rid of all my semi handguns in favor of revolvers. My daughter carries a 9mm, but my other daughter, my wife, and I carry nothing but revolvers. If, in the civilian world, I need more than a revolver, I've got rifles and shotguns.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a little update. So far I've ran through a few hundred rounds since the trigger job. It was a mixture of GECO .357 ball, .38spl wadcutters, .38spl WWB, and .357 Speer Gold Dot. No issues at all with ignition, so I'm going to leave it alone for now.

The .357 was a hoot...more recoil and noise, but just enough to make it even more fun. After that, the .38spl wadcutters felt like .22 and I was amazed at how quickly I could unload all 6 rounds on steel while shooting DA.

Who knows, this may be the gun that pushes me over the edge into reloading!

Latest posts

Top Bottom