New Toys Are Fun! New AMD-65!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gun001guns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one and love mine. I replaced the handguards with midwest industries quad rail and just ordered a vltor buffer tube and krebs stock to replace the crappy folding wire stock. Changed out forefrip with a UTG aluminum one and installed a bushnell cheap red dot sight. This is one fun shooting gun. Currently my favorite ak.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK so I've put around 800 rounds through this bad boy now, and it truly is an amazing rifle! I absolutely love it. Zero failures to feed or eject, in fact no malfunctions of any kind. Most of the ammo I fired though her has been the Yugo 123 grain surplus (a full 630 rounds). Surprisingly accurate at 100 yards, I was getting really nice groupings even with the awkward wire stock. Even with the shorter 12.5" barrel it's easily the most accurate AK I've ever fired. I would love to test her out at 200 yards or more. I love the light wight of the rifle. The chrome bore is a huge plus! Out of the box the action was a little gritty, but that all smoothed out after about 50 rounds. She is as smooth as glass now.

Fit and finish are top notch. The Hungarian FEG receiver is considered to be one best on the market, and I'd have to agree. Nice looking rivets, minimal machining marks, and the TGI guys did a excellent job on mine opening up the mag cut. Tapco mags lock in tight. No wiggle at all. The metal mags also lock in tight with minimal wiggle. I have to really shake the hell out of the rifle to get it to make any noise.

The only con I can think of is that I'm not a fan of the grips. They are OK, but I think I will change them out. I will also probably pick up a new quad rail.

At the price I got her for I don't think I could have done better, definitely the best AK deal going right now. Most importantly she is just blast to shoot, incredibly fun rifle!

Latest posts

Top Bottom