New Windows Suck. Any advice? Legal options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Legal options?

For $73 an hour, plus per diem for expenses, and $0.65 a mile......I will drive out to your place and paint a rudimentary, childlike scene on each window representing what you would see through your windows if they were not green.

Completely legal option. Think about it.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is an idea of the color.

This shot is from the foyer looking into the living room area. The door on the right is plain glass. Wasn't replaced. You can see the color shift in the light comparing the windows to the door.

ai46.tinypic.com_j7djzl.jpg

Here is an exterior view of one of the small windows. The lattice work in the windows is supposed to be the same color as the frame. The differential is from the color of the glass.

ai46.tinypic.com_2mcjf6c.jpg

Dave

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where did you buy them?

Local salesman. Guy I've known for a long time. Company in OKC made them, or had them made. Window Company is called "Revere". I think that Shelter is the name of the OKC company. Have to double check that.

One of the pissers of this whole deal is that I've know the sales guy for a long time. I don't want to take money or food out of his mouth, or out of the installation guys. Install was really good and fast.

But, they ain't what we thought we ordered.

dave

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Local salesman. Guy I've known for a long time. Company in OKC made them, or had them made. Window Company is called "Revere". I think that Shelter is the name of the OKC company. Have to double check that.

One of the pissers of this whole deal is that I've know the sales guy for a long time. I don't want to take money or food out of his mouth, or out of the installation guys. Install was really good and fast.

But, they ain't what we thought we ordered.

dave

If it wasn't what I ordered then I would have to make them fix it, or atleast try.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it wasn't what I ordered then I would have to make them fix it, or atleast try.

That's what I'm trying to do. But, the guy from the OKC branch came down today and basically said "They are low-e. They are all green. This is normal."

I'm thinking: Bravo Sierra

Dave

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is an idea of the color.

This shot is from the foyer looking into the living room area. The door on the right is plain glass. Wasn't replaced. You can see the color shift in the light comparing the windows to the door.

ai46.tinypic.com_j7djzl.jpg

Here is an exterior view of one of the small windows. The lattice work in the windows is supposed to be the same color as the frame. The differential is from the color of the glass.

ai46.tinypic.com_2mcjf6c.jpg

Dave

OK that helps.

When I build a order for windows that have low e glass and internal grills, I get a disclaimer that warns the grills may appear off color due to low e glass.

The only times I have seen this problem is with the american crafstamn line of windows at the store. So far with the special order windows thru jeldwen both wood and vinyl I have not seen this problem.

Low E is not supposed to be a tint, it is a siver based product with other chemicals applied to the interior side of the window(between the panes of glass).
I wonder if it is a lot problem where some lots of the chemical are differing than others. Like the same color paint mixed at different times can have a differing tint.

Dont really know what to tell you, did they tell you that there might be a greenish tint to the windows when you ordered them?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A post on Anne's List or what ever it is called might help too. Most companies would rather fix the problem then lose other business.

survivor4

New to the site!
Reaction score
Have the exact same problem with my new vinyl windows installed a week ago.They take away the natural color of walls, and furniture in house. This issue never even entered my mind when looking for windows. Asked the builder if they could be switched since the sashes easily lift out of frame. Builder said they would have to contact their supplier for my options.

Latest posts

Top Bottom