Newbie for this preppers stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You don’t offset inflation, you have to replenish stock. Unless your idea is to wait it out until deflation occurs, which is rather rare.

the emergency bill issue could be solved by emergency savings.

I’m all for keeping things on hand, within reason. The people that stockpile enough food to last years…. Or load up freezers, yet don’t consider how to keep them powered when power goes out for days, weeks. You just lost a lot of money. Like everything, are the problems caused by the solutions worth the price?

You just assume that you’re the smartest cat in the room. Many people that have been doing this thought of all the questions you’ve posed decades ago. Yep. We know what we’re doing. There is a plan and a well thought out purpose to each step we take. Seems like you’d be better off tormenting the folks on the politics forum.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
You just assume that you’re the smartest cat in the room. Many people that have been doing this thought of all the questions you’ve posed decades ago. Yep. We know what we’re doing. There is a plan and a well thought out purpose to each step we take. Seems like you’d be better off tormenting the folks on the politics forum.
and even better, some of us have been hobos who already have years under our belt living that way lol.
small cooking appliances that can be ran from a genny are a Godsend.
and a lot of the negative connotations from "living cheap" gets related to "is poor". there's a lot of elitism in just assuming "i have money so everything will fall into place for me".

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Read the title of this. But nice ad hominem and straw man.

I’m not a cat, but since I’m alone in the room I’m in, I’m both the smartest and dumbest person in it. if I’m the smartest person in any populated room, I’m in the wrong room.

Go read about all the “preppers” that were unprepared in Tx during the black outs to deal with no natural gas, power, and couldn’t buy gas.

You could always just block my posts. It’s easy :)

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Read the title of this. But nice ad hominem and straw man.

I’m not a cat, but since I’m alone in the room I’m in, I’m both the smartest and dumbest person in it. if I’m the smartest person in any populated room, I’m in the wrong room.

Go read about all the “preppers” that were unprepared in Tx during the black outs to deal with no natural gas, power, and couldn’t buy gas.

You could always just block my posts. It’s easy :)

So glad you know “all” the preppers in Texas. That must take up a lot of your time everyday to keep up with all of them. Good luck to you!

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
that week, literally the same storm, i had enough gas on hand to power two ~2000w inverters parallel which would run basically every appliance i needed, cell phone for hotspot internet. i've ran my computer, fridge, freezer, and a mr. heater. plenty of batteries, charged power banks, charged motorcycle battery, more than enough battery lights from the last time i was a week without power due to weather. turn off computer and heater and run small appliances for cooking food. make rice risotto/casserole dishes in the pressure cooker using canned meats from reserve supply.

you're acting like *we* didn't go thru the same storms lol. i don't care one bit about people who weren't prepared, lol. sucks for them.

and fwiw, a LOT of the people who were the most unprepared in texas were illegal aliens who had literally never seen snow or ice. a majority of the traffic deaths and weather casualties were of immigrant background.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So glad you know “all” the preppers in Texas. That must take up a lot of your time everyday to keep up with all of them. Good luck to you!
Poor choice of word on my part. Thank you 🙏

Inmy defense, I did put preppers in quotes to imply something. You didn’t infer what I implied. So, that’s on me too.

AguaFriaRanger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh don't be obtuse, simple syntax analysis will show that El Pablo was talking about all the self-declared "preppers" who couldn't make it through two weeks without power, not every prepper in the state. What point did you think you were making by posting this weak reply?

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Prepping isn't rocket science. Have food,water, clothing and shelter. Have multiple ways to cook, provide shelter and extra clothes. Have a way to preserve food if no electricity. You can can food if you have the equipment. Learn to grow and produce your own food. Stock up when it is possible. Stock what you will eat. Forget the bartering bull crap that sits on the shelf for years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom