Nice CJ in my parking garage today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice Jeep but I don't know why people put tires like that on such a machine. Probably some old man's toy to drive around town when he gets the itch. There is a CJ5 just like it in my hood and same type of tires and yes, it is a retired gentleman who has owned the Jeep for decades.

A long time ago I had a buddy that had a CJ. He had 2 sets of wheels & tires for it. He could change them out pretty quick.

I also had a buddy that was a Landcruiser freak. He did it a little different. He had 3-4 vehicles (he actually had 6-8 but a bunch of them were for parts, but 3-4 of them he drove) and he had a daily driver with street tires. He never saw one he didn’t want to buy, but as far as I know he never sold anything or even any parts.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's a slick CJ!

I have a DJ-5($400 craigslist find I built when I was in college), CJ-6 (very stock), and CJ-7 (that I've spent way too much money on preparing for some kind of mad max scenario), but as most of you that have met me in person know I usually just drive my 1990 XJ because air conditioning rules.

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a '73 CJ6 bought new with the 304. It was a Jeep with rag top and doors, 3 speed on the floor, no air, radio and any other amenities. Added sidewinder pipes. Good thing I was young because it rode rough no matter the terrain.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice Jeep but I don't know why people put tires like that on such a machine. Probably some old man's toy to drive around town when he gets the itch. There is a CJ5 just like it in my hood and same type of tires and yes, it is a retired gentleman who has owned the Jeep for decades.

It's probably the right tire for 99% of the driving most people do. Frankly, most Jeep owners are wasting expensive rubber.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's a slick CJ!

I have a DJ-5($400 craigslist find I built when I was in college), CJ-6 (very stock), and CJ-7 (that I've spent way too much money on preparing for some kind of mad max scenario), but as most of you that have met me in person know I usually just drive my 1990 XJ because air conditioning rules.
But… swamp butt…

Latest posts

Top Bottom