Nice day at Da Range.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I was finally able to take some rifles out to Banner road today. I also took several handguns. :thumb: It was a great day and I thought I would post up some range reports.
Arrival! WOOHOO!
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_Range_015_4.jpg

First up was the Weatherby Vanguard in .270. I was trying to sight this in as the scope was waay off. However, the rifle was very accurate. I put up some nice groups once I got on the paper. :ou1 At 100 Yards though, I could not see where I was hitting. Need a spotting scope. :)
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_Range_006_2.jpg

Next up was the Savage Model 99 in 300 Savage. (I have very little ammo for this and was not able to sight in) Shot a great little group at 50 yards.
That's purdy!
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_Range_010_2.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_Range_007_3.jpg

At this point, I squeezed off a bunch of rounds through the AK and an SKS that I have. Fun stuff. Ended up with this group using the SKS.
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_Range_011_1.jpg

I was not bad with the AK either but not as good as with the sks. :blahblah:

Last but not least. My first attempt in many years at 100 yard iron sights. Using my NEW Marlin 336 in 30/30. (thanks dan)
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_Range_012_6.jpg

Look at that, I actually hit the dadgum target. :thanku:
:ou1
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_Range_014_2.jpg

I then blew the center out of a few targets on the handgun range. :thumb: Great time was had. Thanks to the range manager out there. Great guy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom