Norman Jeep is HORRIBLE to deal with!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JKClay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Without going into all the details, I went there today to trade off my JK for truck. I bought the JK from them 2.5 years ago & have religiously maintained it through their service dept. They, not only tried to give me $4k less than NADA and KBB trade in value (even though there is $12k in extras) one salesman insulted my weight, the head of the sales dept treated me like an idiot (even though I have probably bought and sold more cars than him) and after all that he said I wouldn't be able to sale my jeep outright because banks wouldn't loan on it....moral of the story, don't bother even talking to these guys! STAY AWAY from Norman Jeep!

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it just them? You best profit is always selling it outright, especially for vehicles like Jeeps or others where you put a lot of accessories on them. Its usually too risky for a Dealer to invest the extra dollars because of specialty accessories or equipment.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont feel bad about it, when I got the bug to sell my car and get a new truck awhile back I went shopping. My car is very limited production and KBb and NADA both say it is worth $33-37k. Dealers tried to say they go off of auction prices and they could buy it for $28k even though every sale I had found the car had sold for $34k+. Couple of the dealers tried to offer me $22k for it saying it was no more special than the base model even though the base model sold for $24k new and had 40,000 units made and my car only had 1800 units made with a price tag of $40k+.

They just want to give you bottom dollar on the hopes you will bite, so they can resell the vehicle for a $10k+ profit. Dealers make more money on used units these days than they do on new units.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well if you tried to SALE it then ya I can see there might be a problem but you tried to SELL it, then things might work our better...:respect:

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you upside down on what you owe vs what the vehicle is worth?

I have rarely sold a vehicle myself, but then again when I trade I am not upside down on the thing either, not busting you here, just asking. Find another dealership also, if you want to make the drive try Chaprell in Ada, great place to be.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Norman CJD is the only place I ever walked in, and left with a car 2.5 hous later. No complaints.

Tip, buy on an OU game day, or the day after thanksgiving, or a day it's 25 degrees and windy as hell. Seriously, they'll be so slow they'll chomp at the bit for any sale. My Norman CJD purchase was a snowy day in early December. I stayed outside the car for a while. Salesman was not enjoying it :D. I was in the finance guy's room signing paperwork for less than 20 minutes. Easy peasy.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't forget they're buying from you at wholesale, then selling at retail.

If you sell it in a private deal, you don't have the wholesale-to-retail markup.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are few things in life as painful as dealing with a car dealer. Put downs, pressure and general subterfuge. When you can find one that doesn't do all of the above and is straightforward and above board with you, it is rare and almost hard to believe.

Like 1Shott, I found Chapparell in Ada to be a good one.
Was also very pleased with Don Carlton in Tulsa

Latest posts

Top Bottom