Norman Jeep is HORRIBLE to deal with!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mgarza_a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Almost all car dealers now use Black Book which gives them auction estimates and wholesale values based on the most current data. Black Book will be considerably lower than Blue Book or Nada. Send me a PM on year, make, model, mileage and options. I can run you a detailed report with exactly what they are looking at on their end. My wife is a Manager for a dealership.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why do people think add-ons increase a vehicles value?

With Jeeps, it often times does. But some of the add-ons are subject to the religious "Jeep guys" point of view and the dealership might be taking this into consideration.

If the OP's extras are listed in his classified ad here:

http://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?128445-2009-Jeep-Wrangler-X

Then he's got some good stuff, but I'd have personally done a few things differently on my JK. But to the average person trying to buy a "pimped out Wrangler", they probably don't care about any of the details provided they don't subscribe to the church of Jeepus Chrysler.

Blue-book, Edmunds, etc... they don't mean squat in today's economy. Sometimes you'll be surprised at how valuable your vehicle is, and sometimes... no matter how much money KBB or Edmunds says its worth, they just aren't selling.

Cars are worth exactly how much people are paying for them. Look at AutoTrader or go to car-lots and see how much your particular vehicle is listed for sale (and consider that the price is probably going to come down for the final sale), and price accordingly. It sucks, but when people are broke or just being more cautious with their money, things like new vehicles are last on their list.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
bought my 2011 wrangler from frontier dodge in el reno , got what i wanted out of my 05 unlimited, great people & service

john.beck49

Marksman
Reaction score
Why do people think add-ons increase a vehicles value?

I have often wondered about that myself. I have tried getting a dealer to sell me a loaded F-150 with leather seats, upgraded wheels and sound system for the price of the plain jane stripped down model. For some reason the dealer thinks these options should demand a higher list price. :screwy:

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have often wondered about that myself. I have tried getting a dealer to sell me a loaded F-150 with leather seats, upgraded wheels and sound system for the price of the plain jane stripped down model. For some reason the dealer thinks these options should demand a higher list price. :screwy:

True dat.

JKClay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ez bake said:
http://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?128445-2009-Jeep-Wrangler-X

Cars are worth exactly how much people are paying for them. Look at AutoTrader or go to car-lots and see how much your particular vehicle is listed for sale (and consider that the price is probably going to come down for the final sale), and price accordingly. It sucks, but when people are broke or just being more cautious with their money, things like new vehicles are last on their list.

Yeah that's mine...and that's just the big stuff I've done. I've been watching craiglist, autotrader, etc and there are 07-09 with higher mileage & less upgrades going for what I'm asking...there have been a lot of plain Jane stock x's from dealers listed for $23-24k.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I absolutely hate this dealership. They do not back up their products, and are very shady. I am stuck between this dealership and David Stanley in MWC. Seriously both are hell.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score

Factory options do add value (not as much as when they are new) it's the aftermarket stuff that doesn't.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
there have been a lot of plain Jane stock x's from dealers listed for $23-24k.

And they could easily be selling for 15% or more less than the listed prices. No offense intended, but it's a fact. I purchased my Dodge from Norman CJD and paid 81% of their advertised "Internet Special" Autotrader price.

Latest posts

Top Bottom