Norman Music Festival

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R. Johnson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have no intention what so ever of going to the Norman Music Festival, I'd rather gouge out my eyeballs with a hot poker. I am, however, curious about the legal issues with carrying there.

Near as I can tell it takes place on Main St, on the actual street and public right of way. If I understand the law correctly, you can lawfully carry there during the event. The organizers have said on their web page that weapons aren't allowed, but it's not private property. So if I were inclined to go down there with my weapon there wouldn't be much anyone could do about it. Is that correct?

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no intention of going to the festival either.
As neither the location the festival is being held, nor the time it is being held, is listed in the statutes as a restricted/prohibited location or time, I would say it was legal to carry on those streets at those times.
The promoter may not want you to carry, but they can't stop you.
You may not be able to legally enter all the establishments, if they make more than a certain percentage of their income from alcohol sales.
I can't remember the percentage listed in the law.

50Shooter

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no intention of going to the festival either.
As neither the location the festival is being held, nor the time it is being held, is listed in the statutes as a restricted/prohibited location or time, I would say it was legal to carry on those streets at those times.
The promoter may not want you to carry, but they can't stop you.
You may not be able to legally enter all the establishments, if they make more than a certain percentage of their income from alcohol sales.
I can't remember the percentage listed in the law.

Action Alert: House Leadership Stalls Gun Bill

Action Alert: House Leadership Stalls Gun Bill

As I am sure you have noticed, we have not put out many alerts this year. We have hoped to work with the new leadership team in the State House and have given them ample opportunity to advance the rights of gun owners in Oklahoma. However, the new leadership has shown that they are not so receptive to our cause.
OK2A has an important amendment we are preparing for the House floor. HB1936 by Rep. Calvey, the OK2A requested bill that would lower the price of the handgun license and would change the procedures for processing those licenses, ran into trouble when OSBI began lobbying against it. OSBI went beyond advising legislators, warning that the sky would fall if we make it easier for citizens to defend themselves. Unfortunately, some key legislators, including the House Floor Leader, Representative Ortega, have chosen to stand with those who would restrict our right to self-defense. He refused to hear HB1936 so we have asked Rep. Calvey to re-file his bill as an amendment to SB56, which is currently awaiting a hearing on the House Floor.
Representative Ortega has vowed, once again, to stand against your right to defend yourself. He has made it clear he will not allow SB56 to the floor if the amendment is filed. Representative Ortega needs to hear from you. We need you to call or email both Floor Leader Ortega and Speaker Hickman and request that they allow the SB56 and Rep. Calvey's SDA Amendment to be heard. Please be polite, but firm. If they ask you if you live in their district, politely remind them that as legislative leaders, their decisions effect every Oklahoman so it should make no difference where you live.
Representative Ortega: (405) 557-7369 or [email protected]
Speaker Hickman: (405) 557-7339 or [email protected]

Latest posts

Top Bottom