Now that it will soon be legal, who will actually carry openly?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing for sure,,,
The first few months are going to be weird.

Lots of people will be open carrying,,,
A number of them will have run-ins with cops,,,
I just hope cool heads always prevail and these encounters are sane events.

I was chatting with an off-duty policeman,,,
He said he is going to stop and license check every one he sees.

I asked him if that was a legal thing to do,,,
His reply was: "I don't care of it's legal or not. I'm stopping them for a license check."

This was very disturbing to me,,,
I'm drafting a letter to his department.

Aarond

Again, you will have to forgive me if I don't believe you...

M

MOPAR 4x4

I personally agree but I dont agree that your weapon will be another target for a crimminal element, if he or she sees that you have a weapon you are most likely gonna be left alone and NOT seen as another target especially if you have been trained properly on how to use your weapon.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So y'all don't think it would be a good idea to have a pair of Colt's Walkers on your hips, a '60 stuck in your belt, and a '51 Navy and '49 Baby Dragoon in shoulder holsters while shopping at WalMart? Then spit tobacco juice on the floor and say, "I reckon so"?

Darn, now I've got to come up with another plan for Nov 1.:igetit:

D

Doc Holiday

One person I know here in Stillwater,,,
Is already trying to organize an open carry procession,,,
That would go through downtown Stillwater on November the 1st.

Not a parade in the streets where we would need a license/permit,,,
Just a bunch of open carriers walking in line down the sidewalks of the business district.

He asked me if I wanted to participate,,,
My answer was, "Not just no, but H### No!"

The only reason for this is to be noticed and get attention,,,
I personally class this idea as STUPID.

We got the new law passed,,,
Why rub it in the faces of the citizenry.

Aarond

After the horrendous incident you describe in your original post, it sounds like the DA in Stillwater is a total douche. Perhaps such an event is needed.

D

Doc Holiday

Step 1. Educate yourself, read the law: http://webserver1.lsb.state.ok.us/cf/2011-12 ENR/SB/SB1733 ENR.DOC

Yes, under the law it is perfectly legal for him to ask to see a license from anyone he sees openly carrying a firearm. However he may not disarm them or physically restrain them with reasonable and articulable suspicion of a crime or if they fail to produce the permit.

Wow, things are really going to change then. I've had my concealed-carry weapon taken away during a traffic violation (by an OHP trooper). He returned it after he issued my warning (this was several years ago). I kept my comments to myself, but I thought it was hilarious. Like I jumped through all the extra hoops, had myself fingerprinted, and paid the license fees, just so I could shoot an OHP officer over a speeding ticket! What paranoia.

Latest posts

Top Bottom