NYPD brass to cops: Stop using Kahr K-9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The new standard sidearm for NYPD:
world.guns.ru_userfiles_images_handguns_russia_revolver_1287753335.jpg

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are they really trying to claim the gun will "go off when dropped" with a 7 lb. trigger pull?!?! You'd have to slam that sucker! Here's a though, already expressed by others here, if you don't want the gun to fire a round, keep your booger hook off the bang switch! Come on NY...

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trigger pull weight will make no difference in accidental discharges.

Even the weakest human registers over 20 pounds of pressure when under stress as measured by a dynometer.

If they want a physical fix, rather than the more appropriate training fix, then trigger travel is more effective at controlling ND's than trigger weight.

Either way, the real fix is still trigger finger discipline. Guns generally don't go off without pressing the trigger unless there's a coffee table around.......:wink2:

Michael Brown

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why should Kahr change their gun to fix the stupidity of NYPD administrators? 5,000 guns is a lot, but if NYPD was asking for something stupid, where do you draw the line?

I'm not saying Kahr should bow to their wishes, but if I were the CEO of Kahr and a national headline like this came across the wire, I'd be looking into it with more detail and expressing how much I value the safety of officers and the quality of my product.

What is there really is some Kahr issue that is related to this... at the very least, I'd be trying to help solve the issue for PR sake if nothing else.

Latest posts

Top Bottom