NYPD brass to cops: Stop using Kahr K-9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fast8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if i am not mistaken the african american in the training video they use at carry legal shot himself in the leg with a .40 cal glock

as the wise jerry has in his sig "nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like I said. I'm not saying Kahr should bow to their wishes. 13# trigger pull is just stupid.

I just think that if there is a rash of ND with their weapons involved, they should be taking a more interested and active approach into really determining if there is some problem or not. Instead, they have just met stupidity with more stupidity.

There is a problem. It's called letting an unqualified officer carry a gun. There's nothing wrong with the Kahr they're carrying, it's the idiot behind the trigger, that's the problem. Kahr should change their ad campaign to "So easy, a NYPD officer can shoot it!" :(

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Guns generally don't go off without pressing the trigger unless there's a coffee table around.......:wink2:

Michael Brown

:lmfao: I hadn't thought about that epic post in a long time!!!

I don't normally, but I have to plagiarize ridgehunter

LAWLzzzzzz!

That said, NYPD BRASS is not the sharpest tool in the shed and this proves it. Pure stupidity. I bet they are totally kosher with those Kel-Tecs though. High Point needs to make a move up there....

Fixed for you.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a problem. It's called letting an unqualified officer carry a gun. There's nothing wrong with the Kahr they're carrying, it's the idiot behind the trigger, that's the problem. Kahr should change their ad campaign to "So easy, a NYPD officer can shoot it!" :(

:lmfao: :lmfao: Now that's funny!!!

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like I said. I'm not saying Kahr should bow to their wishes. 13# trigger pull is just stupid.

I just think that if there is a rash of ND with their weapons involved, they should be taking a more interested and active approach into really determining if there is some problem or not. Instead, they have just met stupidity with more stupidity.

From the class of thinking that brought us the S&W revolver locks........ :D

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not saying Kahr should bow to their wishes, but if I were the CEO of Kahr and a national headline like this came across the wire, I'd be looking into it with more detail and expressing how much I value the safety of officers and the quality of my product.

What is there really is some Kahr issue that is related to this... at the very least, I'd be trying to help solve the issue for PR sake if nothing else.

What if they were to come out and openly bash NYPD's lack of training in the media. That's honestly what I'd consider doing if they pulled that crap with a company I owned. Its not like the Moonies need anymore money, hell I'd call 'em out big-time in several public statements and let the media turn their eyes to what NYPD actually does for training - that would be costly for NYPD.

Its like blaming a light-weight gas pedal for high-speed accidents.

Latest posts

Top Bottom