NYPD brass to cops: Stop using Kahr K-9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not saying Kahr should bow to their wishes, but if I were the CEO of Kahr and a national headline like this came across the wire, I'd be looking into it with more detail and expressing how much I value the safety of officers and the quality of my product.

What is there really is some Kahr issue that is related to this... at the very least, I'd be trying to help solve the issue for PR sake if nothing else.

Really? seems to me the only acceptable firearm that would meet their specs is an early Tanfoglio or or an AMT Back Up DAO (at least that I've shot). The problem is not the gun, it's their training program (or lack thereof). Almost no other agency in the US requires such stupid specs on a trigger pull. Almost everyone complains about crappy Glock triggers and they had to have Glock invent a way to make their triggers terrible enough for NYPD. How jacked up is that? Their hit ratio (or lack thereof) reflects accordingly.

Allowing NYPD to drive duty gun specifications is sort of like allowing the Iranians to pilot U.S. drones. Oh...wait... :rolleyes2

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't normally, but I have to plagiarize ridgehunter.

LAWLzzzzzz!

That said, NYPD is not the sharpest tool in the shed and this proves it. Pure stupidity. I bet they are totally kosher with those Kel-Tecs though. High Point needs to make a move up there....

Last edited:

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really? seems to me the only acceptable firearm that would meet their specs is an early Tanfoglio or or an AMT Back Up DAO (at least that I've shot). The problem is not the gun, it's their training program (or lack thereof). Almost no other agency in the US requires such stupid specs on a trigger pull. Almost everyone complains about crappy Glock triggers and they had to have Glock invent a way to make their triggers terrible enough for NYPD. How jacked up is that? Their hit ratio (or lack thereof) reflects accordingly.

Allowing NYPD to drive duty gun specifications is sort of like allowing the Iranians to pilot U.S. drones. Oh...wait... :rolleyes2

Like I said. I'm not saying Kahr should bow to their wishes. 13# trigger pull is just stupid.

I just think that if there is a rash of ND with their weapons involved, they should be taking a more interested and active approach into really determining if there is some problem or not. Instead, they have just met stupidity with more stupidity.

1911user

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's no farkin way my Glock has a 12 lb trigger. Or is that with the NYPD linkage?

Still, that's incredible. They want a 13 lb trigger just so it's harder for officers to pull it?

It's cheaper to mod pistols so they are difficult to fire than to provide good firearms training; at least in New York City... :)

There are 2 mods available, that I'm aware of, to a stock Glock to suit the NYPD. They are called the NY-1 and NY-2 mods; both are drop-in.

NY-1 is the lower weight and kind of makes the glock feel like it has a double action revolver trigger pull. It's actually not that bad IMHO, if you like DA revolvers, when combined with a 3.5# trigger/connector bar. I've never tried the NY-2, but it results in an even higher trigger pull weight.

They're color coded as well. I recall the NY-1 mod piece is orange and NY-2 mod piece is olive/green. While I'm guessing/recalling, I think the NY-1 mod uses the standard 5# trigger/connector bar while the NY-2 mod uses a 7# trigger/connector bar.

Latest posts

Top Bottom