Obama Begins Push for New National Retirement System

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freeranger

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Have you all considered becoming active in supporting and spreading information found at the Tenth Amendment Center. It's a viable option with historical precedent. It's non-violent, doesn't require secession and it works provided we elect governors and state senators/representatives with backbone who are willing to say on our behalf to the federal government, "NO".

You express a great deal of anxiety over our willingness to break laws. This is certainly a legitimate concern. Since we so diligently urge people to obey the Supreme Court’s decision of 1954 outlawing segregation in public schools, at first glance it may seem paradoxical for us consciously to break laws. One may ask, “How can you advocate breaking some laws and obeying others?” The answer lies in the fact that there are two types of laws: just and unjust. I would be the first to advocate obeying just laws. One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. I would agree with Saint Augustine that “an unjust law is no law at all.” –Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. ”Letter from Birmingham Jail” April 16, 1963

http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/2012/05/01/free-at-last-martin-luther-king-and-nullification/

Dave70968

In Remembrance 2024
Special Hen
Reaction score
Much too simple an answer. Again, most folks seem to forget that Article 1, Section 8 is a list of finite, limited powers granted to the federal government by the states to address issues that affected the confederation as whole.

Have you read Wickard and Raich? I agree with you in principle, but the high Court--which appears to have been smoking the good stuff--has decided that even backyard, never-crosses-property-lines activity constitutes "interstate commerce."

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw this at the bottom of the NSC piece:

And the WND "article" is a quote of the first part of the NSC piece. I don't see anything new about this at either site.

Saw that too, but right below the date it reads: "now that Barack Obama has been reelected, he's going to push harder than ever to seize private retirement accounts...."

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Paragraphs are your friend....

Obama Begins Push for New National Retirement System

A recent hearing sponsored by the Treasury and Labor Departments marked the beginning of the Obama Administration’s effort to nationalize the nation’s pension system and to eliminate private retirement accounts including IRA’s and 401k plans, NSC is warning.

That first one doesn't look real friendly to me.
I wonder if eliminate includes seize?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom