Obama should ‘declare a national emergency,’

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wouldn't anything “extra-constitutional” be rebellion against the Constitution?

Jackson, Jr: Obama should ‘declare a national emergency,’ add jobs with ‘extra-constitutional’ action

[Illinois Democratic Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr. told The Daily Caller on Wednesday that congressional opposition to the American Jobs Act is akin to the Confederate “states in rebellion.”

Jackson called for full government employment of the 15 million unemployed and said that Obama should “declare a national emergency” and take “extra-constitutional” action “administratively” - without the approval of Congress - to tackle unemployment.

“I hope the president continues to exercise extraordinary constitutional means, based on the history of Congresses that have been in rebellion in the past,” Jackson said. “He’s looking administratively for ways to advance the causes of the American people, because this Congress is completely dysfunctional.”]

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/10/12/j...th-extra-constitutional-action/#ixzz1au84CeBU

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe … in the direct hiring of 15 million unemployed Americans at $40,000 a head, some more than $40,000, some less than $40,000 - that’s a $600 billion stimulus. It could be a five-year program. For another $104 billion, we bailout all of the states … for another $100 billion, we bailout all of the cities,” he said.

Jackson added that his $804 billion stimulus plan is the only way to solve the unemployment crisis.

WTF Is this guy serious?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Similar to the Civilian Conservation Corps?

My grandfather worked in that group. A lot of your national parks, and in my area, camping areas, etc were built by the CCC during a bad economy.

Lake Ponca, and the area around it were built by the CCC. Osage hills State Park, Dripping springs state park, and multitude of others around the nation were built by the CCC

Just a little history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilian_Conservation_Corps

Last edited:

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HAH, next theyll say something like " why dont we just skip the next elections..and give them time to get things fixed "

My Grandfather used to take me down to the fishing pier when I was little ,we would stay there and fish til ..after dark...how cool is that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom