Obama should ‘declare a national emergency,’

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Too bad Jesse Jackson won't call for the immediate deportation of the millions of illegal aliens in our country. That, coupled with the end of forever extended unemployment benefits would force millions of Americans back to work. Some people say I am beating a dead horse to death. Beating I will keep doing until Americans wake up and take the threat seriously.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So we order deportation of all illegals which would provide jobs, (deporting them) for many returning vets, and the jobs vacated by the illegals would be open.
Then CCC/WPA projects could be established for public benefit, (infrastructure etc.) for those who still can't get jobs. After that set up local type programs similar to community service for those not capable/skilled enough for jobs or the projects but still needing benefits?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Similar to the Civilian Conservation Corps?

That's not what Jr. is talking about. The CCC was authorized by Congress, and the folks receiving money (a portion of which was madatorily sent home) actually had to work to receive it. Jr. is talking about more hand-outs.

A large portion of today's population would file lawsuits if they were required to stack rocks in order to get paid.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's not what Jr. is talking about. The CCC was authorized by Congress, and the folks receiving money (a portion of which was madatorily sent home) actually had to work to receive it. Jr. is talking about more hand-outs.

A large portion of today's population would file lawsuits if they were required to stack rocks in order to get paid.

No kidding ... "work" is beneath them ... I suspect that even if all they had to do was show up and keep a chair warm for 8 hours a day it would be too taxing for them.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Too bad Jesse Jackson won't call for the immediate deportation of the millions of illegal aliens in our country. That, coupled with the end of forever extended unemployment benefits would force millions of Americans back to work. Some people say I am beating a dead horse to death. Beating I will keep doing until Americans wake up and take the threat seriously.

I have been amazed this past 4 weeks by some of the applicants I have interviewed. How can a grown adult sit in an interview, and with no remorse, say they finally have to get a job because their unemployment ran out. WHAT! Seems to me some unemployed Americans don't want to work. I have a friend in Alabama who worked for 19 years in a fiberglass factory. They shut the doors 3 months ago and he was out a job. He didn't even get his first unemployment check before he had another job. I was under the impression that is how it is suppose to work. You get help until you find another job. Oh btw, his new job was $5 less per hour with no benefits but it beat what he was gonna get in unemployment.

"The horse is never to dead to beat, you can always tenderize the meat."

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems to me some unemployed Americans don't want to work.

No! That can't be! (I can introduce you to some that pretend to have disabilities that have been sucking SSI dry for over 15 years - and they're still under 50). One of the few bright spots of a complete economic collapse - watching these particular lazy bastards starve.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Laziness cuts across all jobs too, i just fired an attorney who could not stop texting and personal distractions to do their work.

We all are just pissing and moaning in the wind. Just face it, this is our brave new world now.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Laziness cuts across all jobs too, i just fired an attorney who could not stop texting and personal distractions to do their work.

We all are just pissing and moaning in the wind. Just face it, this is our brave new world now.

For now... I'm really afraid if America doesn't develop some personal pride and step up and take responsibility, in mass numbers on an individual level... this whole party of our'n ain't gonna last much longer. :(

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Sadly, I agree with you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom