Occupy Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, she can't compete on the basis of price with quilts made by child labor in China. That's a fact.

And who imports those quilts from China? And who lobbies the politicians for more "Free Trade" agreements so they can import even more quilts from China?
Who donates millions to politicians for those free trade agreements so they can make Billions in profits?

Think about it. Who is really making policy in this country?

Couldn't she simply start importing quilts from China and mark them up to make a profit that would allow her to remain in the quilting business? That way she could offer her made in America quilts at a much higher rate and let her customers decide?

Rather than trying to make capitalism conform to her business model, perhaps she should conform her business model to capitalism? I'm just saying...

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Couldn't she simply start importing quilts from China and mark them up to make a profit that would allow her to remain in the quilting business? That way she could offer her made in America quilts at a much higher rate and let her customers decide?

Rather than trying to make capitalism conform to her business model, perhaps she should conform her business model to capitalism? I'm just saying...
I see what yur sayin

Why not import airline security services from China.
Offer them as an alternative to the TSA and let the airline corporations decide which is the most cost effective choice.

Let the customers decide.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And folks, this is not original with me, but I think that when we cast them out we should celebrate pichers in which they're frozen in the position of Rodin's "The Thinker"

hanson405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our high school seniors are given the proposition of college or bust. So what if they don't want to go to college? Why don't we give them a balanced view of their options in life? As I stated before, I have two degrees and will encourage my kids to go to college. I'm not saying no one should go or that it shouldn't be available to people. I am just tired of constantly hearing about higher education, green jobs, more government spending on higher education and then seeing the misguided expectations of college graduates. Sending everyone to college is not the answer. Hard work, individual responsibility and limited government is.

I personally know several college grads that won't get out of their own way. One of my co-workers (At Chili's, mind you...) graduated last year with a Bachelor's in Entrepreneurship. He absolutely refuses to take a position in a company for less than $60,000 a year. The notion of being underemployed makes me chuckle.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, she can't compete on the basis of price with quilts made by child labor in China. That's a fact.

And who imports those quilts from China? And who lobbies the politicians for more "Free Trade" agreements so they can import even more quilts from China?
Who donates millions to politicians for those free trade agreements so they can make Billions in profits?

Think about it. Who is really making policy in this country?

Boo fricken hooo. The point is individual responsibility...if you can't make a living doing what you are doing then learn to do something else before you sit around and protest and demand others finance your inefficient, non-profitable private endevour.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

If she's talented at making quilts, she should be marketing to the people who will pay for a one-of-a-kind or commissioned quilt, not to people who want a "bargain".

I can't compete on the basis of price with programming work done by people in India...

Latest posts

Top Bottom