Odd request from a former employee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like Dennis said, I have a bad time making it a judgement without the full story. However, I have an even tougher time doing nice things for those who type of people who no call/no show or leave on bad terms. Former coworkers who leave on good terms I am more than happy to help when I can.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me, also. In this day and age, there is no excuse for no call, no show. She only wanted the job for the letter for daycare assistance ... now that she has that under her belt, she needs a letter that she "lost" her job to keep her Section 8 housing. That particular "racket" has been around for years.

Sure seems like that.

I would write a simple - "this person does not work here."

Boom. Done. Don't call me again. Unfortunately you really can't go into much more detail anymore... someone will sue you, I'm sure.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Me, also. In this day and age, there is no excuse for no call, no show. She only wanted the job for the letter for daycare assistance ... now that she has that under her belt, she needs a letter that she "lost" her job to keep her Section 8 housing. That particular "racket" has been around for years.

I hope the OP reports her to the state! They will investigate her little racket!

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If i wrote the letter it would only state that she "quit" on whatever date it was. I wouldnt guve her any ammo for unemployment benifits, or wrongful termination litigation.

Nothing screams poor craftsmanship like wrinkles in your duct tape

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
No call no show after 2.5 weeks? No excuse. Not in this day and age, not in any. I'm not necessarily old, esp compared to most of you old codgers, but I guess you can say I am a bit old fashioned in some ways. Missing a day of work does not bring someone back to life, and not calling doesn't heal sickness, nor does it help get groceries faster. I have worked through each of these circumstances many times in just the past few years. I don't care if I am convulsing in pain on the way to the ER, I still call (called) in, personally, and in a reasonable amount of time.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At a minimum, I would not give her a letter without a written letter of resignation specifying her reason for resignation. And likely notarized at that.

It might be your best evidence in a unemployment, workman's comp, or sexual harassment claim.

But....I'm not an attorney and I have not stayed in a motel 6 in a long time.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hell, i'd write the letter. the more people that exploit the system, the sooner it goes down the drain...

and there's always the off chance she had a legitimate reason for the no show.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
hell, i'd write the letter. the more people that exploit the system, the sooner it goes down the drain...

and there's always the off chance she had a legitimate reason for the no show.

This parrots my attitude alot of the time... stop bailing out a sinking ship, let's all tighten our belts, let it crash and start over. Of course, it's not that simple, and millions upon millions will suffer and die, but I agree with not busting your ass to save a system that you know beyond any shadow of a doubt is going to fail... all you're doing is prolonging the inevitable and worsening the final crash.

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would send her the letter stating that a no call - no show caused her termination on (date) just to end the phone calls,,,,,a woman with children gets the equivalent of 20 + dollars an hour.....she cant afford to work.....there aren't enough worker bees to fund that anymore. it must fail. when it does - well, keep your powder dry is all I can say.

Latest posts

Top Bottom