Odocoileus virginianus pic thread 2020/2021

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sat all afternoon yesterday. Activity was consistent with at least 1-2 deer per hour. Just before 5:00, I see Ol’ One Eye coming in. He was heading right down a path that would cross in front of me at 25 yds. I get the crossbow up and off safety. He gets to 50 yds and pauses for a minute to check things out and right then, the feeder went off and he hauls ass back the way he came. Guess it wasn’t his time.

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Western Noble County (due West of Perry).
Friday 10:30 a.m. Got pics of a couple does being chased. They da*n near knocked the camera off the T-post.
4:40 p.m. Thick, mature buck moved from bedding across field into woods (to stage for cut beans?). I think 2 semis (returning from bean delivery to COOP) and 2-3 work trucks got him moving. Big deer said: "WTF w/ all the traffic?"
4:45 -> Glassed a field (.5 mile diff) at sunset = 0

Sunday
3:30 p.m. drove in and chased mature doe from feeder in the corner of a former wheat field (now fallow). I got my lowered / wheelchair accessible van high centered stuck, :clap3:while trying to make room for 1st time visitor to park. I'm a dumba*s! Called landowner. He was only 200yds away working on hot wire felled by ice storm -> tree branch. Easy pull out for him. I'm glad Chrysler Pacifica has towing pkg. :yelclap:
4:10 Setup on ground, no blind, near corner fence posts and in tall grass. Light South wind blowing me gentle into woods.
2.5 y.o. 10 ptr slowly walks 250 yds across open field to feeder (40 yds from me). Too young. @ 110". Eats corn. Starts walking towards where corn is loosely scattered. Jumps the fence @ 5 yds behind me. I'm downwind and frozen :ugh2:. I can't turn, but he apparently walks on w/o detecting me.
4:30 feeder spins
4:40 2 ptr arrives for dinner
4:50 4 ptr gets in line for dinner - too impatient - walks off across open field not to return.
5:00 0 deer
5:00 2 big deer show up 80 yds from my friend on the edge of a nearby field. They walk casually into that field and continue walking for 150 yds and reenter woods.
5:15 3.5 y.o. 7-8 ptr approaches feeder. 80 yds. I am no bueno to him. Blows multiple times and stares at me. Walks off slowly. No tail flag.

Summary:
Great weather. Good hunt. SUPER AWESOME landowner. Total of 6 different bucks sighted w/ plenty of light to shoot. No chasing, fighting or signs of the rut. Hope to be back later this week and weekend.

Ya'll be safe and have fun :thumbup3:

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hunting tip of the day is brought to you by the App store on your cell phone. When playing Texas Hold'em on your phone while sitting in your blind do not get so caught up on raising a pair of aces that you do not see the 160 inch buck staring right through your soul at 30 yards. You will not be able to get your crossbow up in time.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Hunting tip of the day is brought to you by the App store on your cell phone. When playing Texas Hold'em on your phone while sitting in your blind do not get so caught up on raising a pair of aces that you do not see the 160 inch buck staring right through your soul at 30 yards. You will not be able to get your crossbow up in time.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

Did someone pass that tip on to you or was that a personal experience???:slap:

Latest posts

Top Bottom