Officer ‘allegedly’ shoots, kills family dog in Hennessy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t expect much from these small town police. The jobs are pretty bottom end low level entry positions. If they are worth a flip they’ll move on to better departments shortly.

But in today’s every fifth post on social media being a lost dog being found looking for owners it’s not a big jump to him thinking maybe I should check with the chief and see if we should look for the owner or post on the local lost dog page.
Most small towns have a pound or a contract with one. Hennessey is big enough to have one.

I am on the city website and cannot find one.

The Town of Hennessey is a small rural community of approximately 2,100 people located in Kingfisher County. The Hennessey Police Department consists of 5 Full Time Officers including Chief Aaron Pitts, and several Reserve Police Officers.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t expect much from these small town police. The jobs are pretty bottom end low level entry positions. If they are worth a flip they’ll move on to better departments shortly.

But in today’s every fifth post on social media being a lost dog being found looking for owners it’s not a big jump to him thinking maybe I should check with the chief and see if we should look for the owner or post on the local lost dog page.
Cops in small towns are like doctors in small towns. If they were worth a chit, they’d be working somewhere else with better opportunities.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not so sure a resignation will save this guy. The sheriff's department has apparently received some pressure from lots of people to investigate this according to what I've read. And it's picked up traction in the media. Not to mention the family can file a civil suit.

I guess we'll see. I'd like to see him charged and sued.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The officer sounds like the type that grew up pulling wings off bugs, tying cats tails together etc.
Painting a dogs butt with turpentine and letting it lose in the school gym while a PTA meeting is going on. Not that I would EVER do such a thing. :fallangel

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cops in small towns are like doctors in small towns. If they were worth a chit, they’d be working somewhere else with better opportunities.
I beg to differ. Circumstances are different for every officer and you have no proof saying this. Opportunities didn't exist and physical requirements kept me from several larger departments. I have a BA in Law Enforcement and was an Army MP Lieutenant.

I was told I scored the highest on the Fort Worth PD test and the OKCPD test when I took them. I had a captain call the chief in Fort Worth trying to get me a waiver for my eyesight, but they didn't wave it. It had to be 20/40 uncorrected. At best, my eyesight was 20/100. I was in the process of becoming an OKCPD officer when I got another job offer for a town in Kansas. I took it because I had a wife and a kid and OKC wasn't hiring until a year later. I had already passed everything and had a letter scheduling me for the oral interview.

Olathe, KS PD told me they would have hired me if it wasn't for my army commitment.

I scored a 99 out of 100 taking the Kansas Bureau of Investigation test. One opening was available and 5 guys scored 100.

I think I was worth a chit because I retired after 20 years.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Painting a dogs butt with turpentine and letting it lose in the school gym while a PTA meeting is going on. Not that I would EVER do such a thing. :fallangel
bs-meter.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom