Official 2015-2016 deer hunting season discussion thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garret01

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Finally got me a spot. It's through my employer but I should be the only man on the land. Going to check it out tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So i did something I am not sure I will do again. I let a yearling doe live although I had a perfect shot. She was sooooo small and naive. My buddy was able to call her back to us three times in a row. She must have been really desperate for attention.

My main aim is to put meat in the freezer, but yet I did not close the deal with this one. Would you have done the same? or put a little...but very tender meat in the freezer?

Congrats to all the fine buck and doe harvesters!!

I would have done the same. I won't shoot yearlings. One, they are adorable. Two, that's too much work in butchering for such little meat.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally got a buck larger than a forkhorn on camera. Got excited from the side shot......then he faced the camera. Eh. Not bad for public land, but not quite what I want to tag. I'm thinking he's only 3 years old as deer in this area don't gain any mass until 3 and he has some mass.

MFDC1089.jpg

MFDC1090.jpg

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm having trouble getting motivated to go sit out in 87* no wind weather.....................

I don't want to hear it! :) Finally got my last stand hung yesterday evening. Moved a bunch of stands around this year to give me something different to look at, but that was a big pain in the butt. Got 10 stations set up with feeders and cameras, 4 without. I've still got 300 or so bales of hay in the field that needs to be picked up before I can get in the stand, but since I don't see any rain in the forecast, it might get to sit there a while longer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom