Official 2015-2016 deer hunting season discussion thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I have a new 8 point that has moved in. He has defended the does and the corn every night the last week. Even getting comfortable enough to bed down next to the corn a couple times. To bad it's all between midnight and 3am!

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good luck, should be a good day, I can't get to the farm I want to hunt, too muddy, and I don't have a good bow stand for WSW wind at my other farm, could go sit on the ground I guess

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
that ain't fair okie! some of us are deerless. i did manage a goose and a couple ducks yesterday though...wait, this is a deer hunting thread. take that duck talk elsewhere.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
We just pulled into a new place to duck hunt, close the gate, drive 100y and there stands prob the biggest buck I've seen in several year...................he's got a really bad limp......I'll be back.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about it MIH? See anything, sun just came out at my house, I'm prepping a deer heart and fresh backstrap for the grill

Nothing. Not a dang thing. Squirrels were even scarce. Checked all of my game cameras on the way to hunt to decide where to hunt. Movement was almost non-existent over the last 2 weeks. Did get a pic of a nice 3 year old on November 29th at 8:30am, but he was moving quick, so his antlers blurred. Was 1 of 5 deer pictured in daylight.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I checked the cameras at one place yesterday. Had over 3500 deer Picts on one and roughly 2200 on the other. Mostly does and fawns but two bucks that are super nice have survived to this point. And are regular about when they show up on cam. Just past legal light for both of them. Gonna take the bow out and try to ambush them (either one is a shooter) on their travels. Also myself and my fiancé are going to try for another doe during the holiday bonus hunt. Set several traps at that place as well the coons have to be thinned as well.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Latest posts

Top Bottom