Official 2015-2016 deer hunting season discussion thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ha ha I keep an eye on the younger bucks. They're dumb and always antsy to kick off the rut. I usually see them chasing about a week or so before the does actually hit/ begin the estrous cycle, or so I've been able to figure.

garret01

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
First time sitting on my spot in Creek. I haven't been here for over a week and they haven't touched the corn. Anyone else seeing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImTheDude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First time sitting on my spot in Creek. I haven't been here for over a week and they haven't touched the corn. Anyone else seeing this?

I have my feeders throwing once a day for 1 second and the corn is piling up. The oats in my food plot are 6"+. 140 out of my 160 and thousands of surrounding acres have every sq inch covered in acorns like the pic below.

upload photo

tbowe91

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pulled the camera cards yesterday. Had a good 8 point, biggest on camera right now, following the does hard. Landowner has seen him in daylight doing the same. Number of pictures where light on all the cameras. The doe I killed last day of muzzle loader season had the glans turning color already. On the way to work had a big body small horned buck standing in the road with not a care of a truck coming his way. Slowly walked to the other side.

garret01

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Gave it up at about 8:30. My spot is a really overgrown pasture that butts up to some wood line. I brush-hogged some clearings and a few paths that I know deer are now traveling. Sitting in a ground blind off of the clearing. Kinda sucks. Any suggestions on getting some more deer to me?

Latest posts

Top Bottom