OFFICIAL January '16 AR15 build party thread!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gldnflash23

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FBT has hooked us up with some great stuff... and I'm not kidding!

It's early and I'm up already, 'cause I can't wait! lol Ok, ok, ok, I work nights, I don't usually sleep well on my days off... but I'm still excited! lol

Stopped by FBT yesterday, too, and they said they've had a bunch of people coming in talking about this get-together, that's great! Gonna be some folks leaving afterwards with big grins - some from their newly-built rifles, and some from these awesome giveaways!

Come on out and hang out with us.

I could not wait till this. +1 on the FBT, I made my first of many purchases from FBT about 3 weeks ago to replace a barrel and ended up buying some new upper pieces. Even tho i didnt have a clue what I was doing they helped out a ton and they were swamped but I felt like the only customer in there. I became a huge fan

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow.... what a great get together!

I think we had a total of 17 people including lkothe and I! It was great!

I gotta say, }BuLL has one seriously sweet setup... that proprietary barrel nut is a PITA, but the rail he has is SO sweet, I am thinking of getting one for my SBR. It looks great with my suppressor! Maybe he'll post some pics! lol

Thanks to everyone who came out! It was a great time, and I'm sorry if I didn't get to spend much time with too many people individually, but everyone was great and there were many tips and tricks shared and learned. I even learned a good many things, myself!

Don't miss the next one! :D

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It happened but I didn't manage any pics. I think 4 or 5 lowers were built and a couple uppers along with some repairs. The Skull SBR was really a neat build and paint scheme so you guys will have to beg some pics of it. I know I helped catch a late comer up on the lower build and loaned my upper so he could see what it felt like.

If I could have picked up a lower build kit before surgery and everything else that I had going on I would have gotten the Anderson lower I have built. Next time maybe though. Would love to help set one up for the OKC area next time so if there is some interest I am sure we can get something rolling.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
And another shout out to FBT for hooking us up with AWESOME door prizes! Very generous and WAY more than I expected - I asked for a couple t-shirts, but they really came through! Great group of guys supporting our shooting community! Can't say enough to thank them and recommend them for ALL your firearm needs!

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks to all of you for putting this together, and I'm really sorry I missed it. I hope you put another one together sometime soon, and I am really gonna' try to get there! (I still wanna' see some pics!)

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for putting this together. It was a great experience for this rookie AR builder but especially nice to meet such a great group of OSA members. The Skull SBR was super cool. Maybe we should have a follow up some place like USSA to break in the new rifles.

Thanks again to tRidiot and all those that made this possible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom