OFFICIAL January '16 AR15 build party thread!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks ford getting this organized tRidiot! And to our host lkothe!

I rolled in a little late... 2:20 or so, but I was able to get my upper tightened down, and help some other guys with theirs. Got to visit with a member I hadn't seen in a number of years.

The UTG Pro handguards were in abundance today! I was quite impressed with the mounting system. And very light!

HUGE thanks to the guys at Fat Boy!

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son and I had a great time. Thank you, tRidiot, for putting this together (and the cool trigger guard upgrade; ) thank you, lkothe, for hosting it; and thank you, Fat Boy Tactical for the wonderful door prizes. I also need to thank NightShade for "playing hurt" and helping me catch up to the others on my lower build (we were late to the party.) Now to begin collecting parts for the upper in anticipation of the next party!

}BuLL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow.... what a great get together!

I think we had a total of 17 people including lkothe and I! It was great!

I gotta say, }BuLL has one seriously sweet setup... that proprietary barrel nut is a PITA, but the rail he has is SO sweet, I am thinking of getting one for my SBR. It looks great with my suppressor! Maybe he'll post some pics! lol

Thanks to everyone who came out! It was a great time, and I'm sorry if I didn't get to spend much time with too many people individually, but everyone was great and there were many tips and tricks shared and learned. I even learned a good many things, myself!

Don't miss the next one! :D

Thanks! www.unique-ars.com
Really appreciate you spearheading this, and being the instructor. And thanks to the host and everyone else, it was a great time, very informative!
AR.jpg
AR15.jpg

Big thanks to FBT as well. Very cool of them to hook us up with such awesome prizes!

Last edited:

lkothe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for coming by......we had a blast! Learned few new things and met a lot of cool people.
I am glad everyone had a good time hope to do it again soon.
THANK YOU....FAT BOY TACTICAL! !!! Hooked us up big time!!
Thanks tRidiot. ...you rock!

I got a couple of pictures but there is only about 5 of us left in the shop. No idea how to post them on here tho. If anyone wants to try, I'll text em to ya!
Bull's SBR..............WOW, what a sweet thang! ! That's Totally Wicked! ! !

Last edited:

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am new to the AR platform. I could not gather my knowledge of what I might want to build or gather parts quick enough to be ready to build for this event. Yes, not a gathering, a real learning event. TRidiot invited me to come by anyway and see what was going on.

Wow, I am so glad I did. You can watch U-Tubes where everything almost puts itself together by magic in 10 minutes, but watching someone struggle with getting the springs and pins in place after picking a few parts up off the floor a few times or watching someone align the pin on a gas tube live is a whole different real story. Real stuff. Then looking down into the trigger assembly while you are operating it and watching how it operates is priceless.

Also I met several great OSA members face to face in a nice comfortable environment provided by Ikothe, thanks for the heat.

While I learned a lot, I hope I can be ready to build if another "build party" is put on in the near future to have someone watching over my shoulder.

Although I did not win any of the neat door prizes, thanks to FBT for your support of OSA. Very nice advertisement gesture, and yep it worked, hooked me to look at FBT first for everything I will need for my build.

Again, I had a great time and learned a lot. Thanks OSA. Ken with the Cigar.

Latest posts

Top Bottom