Official Music Video Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread needs a little bit of MY-MY-MY-aaayyy--aaah WHOO!

That tune has one of the finest guitar solos in the history of guitar solos. The video is the radio edit version of the song though so it has the solo shortened.

Sad thing is, two of the four guys in that video are no longer with us.

Last edited by a moderator:

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks HMFIC for posting some Knack goodness. That album is still one of my favorites of all time. Here's a dude playing a cover of the solo and doing a damn good job of it. The Knack's Berton Averre is underrated as a guitarist. The dude can slay.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The forum should know before I post this that I'm a devoted RUSH fan...just sayin'

This is an instrumental however, so no lead singer wailing away.

But some awesome musicianship!

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks HMFIC for posting some Knack goodness. That album is still one of my favorites of all time. Here's a dude playing a cover of the solo and doing a damn good job of it. The Knack's Berton Averre is underrated as a guitarist. The dude can slay.

WOW... ya that guy is spot on!

Reminds me of the WESSERPARAQUAT dude on youtube that has a Vox Continental and a Fender Rhodes Bass and does all of The Doors covers. He could be a stand in for Ray!

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great stuff, guys. And two bands (The Doors and Rush) that I can totally relate to. Though totally unrelated as bands, they have some similarities in that they were comprised of some incredible musicians but one or two people seemed to get all the attention.

Robby Krieger is a great guitarist and had the flamenco backing that gave the Doors some fantastic tunes like Spanish Caravan. Plus, he could ride the wave with Manzarek and end up in really cool places in the music. The Doors stuff was often fluid and they worked off each other, not really knowing where the song was taking them. Especially live since they didn't know what Morrison was going to do from one concert to the next. As a drummer, I also think Densmore is WAY underrated. He had a jazz background that produced a flavor that was very unique and set him apart from many of his contemporaries. Break on Through is a good example of what he brought to the table.

And Rush, ALL incredibly fantastic musicians. If in doubt, see 'em live. Everyone knows Neil. He's proven himself time and time again. But Alex Lifeson?!?! Holy bejeebus that dude can play. He does what he does without flash and doesn't expect anything. Geddy Lee, as shown in 3inSlugger's link, speaks for himself.

I have a buddy who is a concert freak. He's seen shows into the hundreds but had not seen Rush until the Time Machine tour a couple years back. After the show, he wouldn't shut up about it. He wasn't even a huge Rush fan but he is now!

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ok you guys have me in a early 80's mood now with all the Rush talk.

How about a little side order of Journey in their prime to go along with it? NOBODY belts it out like Steve Perry and Neal Schon can just absolutely SLAY! AND... since you're a drummer flatwins, you surely appreciate the steady skins of Steve Smith!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom