Official Music Video Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ok you guys have me in a early 80's mood now with all the Rush talk.

How about a little side order of Journey in their prime to go along with it? NOBODY belts it out like Steve Perry and Neal Schon can just absolutely SLAY! AND... since you're a drummer flatwins, you surely appreciate the steady skins of Steve Smith!!

I see your high-pitched frontman of Journey and raise you a Jon Anderson of Yes.

Last edited by a moderator:

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OH...dude. Journey can move members around like pieces on a chessboard but NOTHING is better than the lineup of Perry, Schon, Valory, Rollie, and Smith. The Captured album?!? Come on, now! If there is such a thing as wearing grooves in a CD, I've done it to 2 or 3 copies of that one. One of the biggest regrets I have in life is not seeing Journey with Steve Perry.

As far as Steve Smith.. the dude is the MAN. And here's the cool part: He is ten times the player today than he was in his Journey days and he was damn good then. He's also played SONOR drums for 30 some years and neighbors, there ain't none better. Drum Workshop talk ain't welcome around these parts. They aren't nuthin' but good marketing so shush before you even get started! :madbox:

Here be the master at work back in the day.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see your high-pitched frontman of Journey and raise you a Jon Anderson of Yes.

Nice.

I call your Yes and re-raise with yet another 80's powerband... may I present Tommy Shaw and his Styx (complete with what appears to be Halloween costumes :D).

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OH...dude. Journey can move members around like pieces on a chessboard but NOTHING is better than the lineup of Perry, Schon, Valory, Rollie, and Smith. The Captured album?!? Come on, now! If there is such a thing as wearing grooves in a CD, I've done it to 2 or 3 copies of that one. One of the biggest regrets I have in life is not seeing Journey with Steve Perry.

FULLY AGREE with that lineup! Definitely in the top of all best bands EVER.

I also share in that regret of not seeing them as well. Would have been amazing.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK HMFIC, I gotta break out the Genesis and their zaniness. But you got me with Styx...they were hilarious in that video.

And yes I really am twenty and I own 5 Genesis albums, 19 RUSH albums, several Journey albums, and of course the classic Zeppelin. My Dad raised me up right!

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK HMFIC, I gotta break out the Genesis and their zaniness. But you got me with Styx...they were hilarious in that video.

And yes I really am twenty and I own 5 Genesis albums, 19 RUSH albums, several Journey albums, and of course the classic Zeppelin. My Dad raised me up right!

Love some old Genesis. You can play Abacab round me any day. I'd say yes, he definitely schooled you correctly when it comes to musical taste :)

And hey flatwins... Phil ain't too shabby of a drummer too :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom