Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's another way to view it. By those numbers 488 people have been hospitalized and 108 have died. That's a 22% mortality rate. See how that worked?

ETA: Dang. How'd I miss O4L's post? :scratch:

That's the mortality rate for those admitted to the hospital. You only go to the hospital unless it is serious. Those not serious must be included to get a precise number of deaths per cases of infection. Otherwise, you're just juggling numbers to hype up what is likely an insignificant death rate.

Woody

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
That's the mortality rate for those admitted to the hospital. You only go to the hospital unless it is serious. Those not serious must be included to get a precise number of deaths per cases of infection. Otherwise, you're just juggling numbers to hype up what is likely an insignificant death rate.

Woody

Correct but...who knows what the precise number of those infected is unless the entire population is tested.

So it's all just juggling numbers anyway.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just know who is doing the juggling and be wary.

Woody

Zactly!

And we haven't even broached those that are former Hillary staffers that die from a self inflicted gunshot wound to the back of the head who are COVID-19 positive.
:drunk5:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Now I'm ready for the detailed stats of those 22% such as........were they???
-Suffering from COPD for the last 12 years and 78yo?
-Morbidly obese and a 20 year diabetic and 65yo?
-18yo with Cystic Fibrosis?

Those are the stats I'd like to see. If there's a high percentage of marathon runners, college athletes, and your average healthy Americans with no preexisting conditions that are 50yo and younger dying, then I might raise an eyebrow.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Washington County jumped precipitously - one of our local nursing homes accounts for over 40 cases including staff and patients. A good number of those are completely asymptomatic (over half, I am told). This puts Washington County firmly in 4th in the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom