Official: OSA NFA Timeline Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well after 269 days my bannish 30’s got approved today. Silencer central made the process seamless now I have to wait for sheriff notification then shipping. I’d guess week of august 1st sometime I should have them.
What is the wait for Sheriff notification? I thought the copy of form was sent during the application process.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is the wait for Sheriff notification? I thought the copy of form was sent during the application process.
It says on the website upon approval notice must be sent to sheriff (rural) or chief leo that they are shipping nfa items to a resident. They have a week to say if you're a restricted person then ship it to your door.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It says on the website upon approval notice must be sent to sheriff (rural) or chief leo that they are shipping nfa items to a resident. They have a week to say if you're a restricted person then ship it to your door.
Interesting. Must be a Silcencer Central thing.

Thank you for the clarification

mmerrill

It makes sense if you don't think about it.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got the approval email from the ATF today, 219 days. I lost patience yesterday and went to Josh Beecheens .gov page. There I found a Help With Federal Agency tab and filled out a short form then hit submit. Someone from his staff called me within an hour and sent me one more form to sign.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
296 days from submission to delivery
IMG_7425.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, almost 8 months to the day, my .22 suppressor was finally approved.

This is to advise you that the status of your eForms submission with the subject Permit/Control number has changed to APPROVED.

View attachment 492527
I wasn't able to pick up the suppressor until today as we were on the road this summer in the RV when the approval came.
Filled out the 4473, and was told that was all I needed to go. Isn't there a form that has to accompany the suppressor everywhere it goes that I should have got?

Before leaving he told me to order some 100% silicone oil that a lot of airsoft shooters use. Coat every internal part, reassemble and bake in an oven at 200 degrees for two hours. He said it would improve the cleaning time by light years.
The oil should be here tomorrow and I'll follow his instructions as he has suppressors on about 30 of his 50+ full auto rifles he rents.
Anyone else heard of using that silicone oil?

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wasn't able to pick up the suppressor until today as we were on the road this summer in the RV when the approval came.
Filled out the 4473, and was told that was all I needed to go. Isn't there a form that has to accompany the suppressor everywhere it goes that I should have got?

Before leaving he told me to order some 100% silicone oil that a lot of airsoft shooters use. Coat every internal part, reassemble and bake in an oven at 200 degrees for two hours. He said it would improve the cleaning time by light years.
The oil should be here tomorrow and I'll follow his instructions as he has suppressors on about 30 of his 50+ full auto rifles he rents.
Anyone else heard of using that silicone oil?
Didn't you get the Approval notification email from the ATF? It has a file that is your Approved E Form 4. You can print that off.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't you get the Approval notification email from the ATF? It has a file that is your Approved E Form 4. You can print that off.
Yeah, I got that. It was the same form I filled out when applying to the permission from the gubberment to own one. Didn't know that was the form needed to keep with it. Printer is running as we speak. Thanks!

Latest posts

Top Bottom