Official: OSA NFA Timeline Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did a quick search and found this, https://www.silencershop.com/blog/post/cleaning-a-suppressor they should know. I intentionally bought an all titanium rimfire suppressor so I could drop the tube and about everything in. Guess I should buy a ultrasonic cleaner now and test it out. .22 lr is so freaking dirty.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did a quick search and found this, https://www.silencershop.com/blog/post/cleaning-a-suppressor they should know. I intentionally bought an all titanium rimfire suppressor so I could drop the tube and about everything in. Guess I should buy a ultrasonic cleaner now and test it out. .22 lr is so freaking dirty.
This in the link.

• Aluminum: Aluminum is incredibly lightweight and can be very durable in certain applications, but aluminum does not have the same strength of steel and can be susceptible to damage if improperly maintained. Using harsh suppressor cleaner solvents, ultrasonic cleaners, or abrasive tumblers can cause erosion and pitting which is detrimental to the aluminum baffles.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This in the link.

• Aluminum: Aluminum is incredibly lightweight and can be very durable in certain applications, but aluminum does not have the same strength of steel and can be susceptible to damage if improperly maintained. Using harsh suppressor cleaner solvents, ultrasonic cleaners, or abrasive tumblers can cause erosion and pitting which is detrimental to the aluminum baffles.
Yep, my 22 cans aren’t for that very reason. think one may have an aluminum tube.

Harp13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Mine was so dirty the baffles would not stack.

Used CLR in a plastic container for 5 minutes and rinsed well the first time. That worked great, but I do not think it is good for the SS baffles.

I have the big Hornady heated ultrasonic cleaner (will hold a 16" upper). Also have 3 of the smaller cleaning chambers so that it does not have to use as much cleaner for small items.

The 2nd cleaning was in the ultrasonic with 1:1 simple green and water at 140 degrees for 15 minutes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom