OHP Revolvers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone know what model the OHP carried prior to switching to semi-autos? I know it was a S&W and it was a .357 magnum with big wood grips but I can't remember the model number or if they were blued or stainless.

Thanks!

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know that S&W released a special presentation edition Model 65 but I've heard several people say that although the presentation gun was a Model 65, they carried a different model. So here we have the 65, 66 and 681...i've read elsewhere that they carried the Model 28 and the Model 64. Were they allowed to carry what they wanted or one out of a certain set group? They were 4" nickel plated I think?

When I was young I remember troopers carrying revolvers and I remember the holster and grip and always thought it was a very good looking gun. S&W has a M69 Classic that looks like what I remember but obviously those are .44 mags not .357 mags. Anyone know for sure which one it was or was it all of them? Surely there's a trooper here who knows?

Latest posts

Top Bottom