OHP Revolvers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting, I always thought the OHP carried the same revolvers. I wonder how popular that Model 29 was, talk about putting the hurt on bad guys. I almost bought one of the Dan Combs presentation guns in the case a couple years ago, a Model 65 if I remember correctly. If the seller hadn't been asking significantly more than they were listed at on various online sales sites I would have. I sure would like one.

Thanks for all the info y'all!

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to have both.

I took a 681 to rookie school and qualified with a 92%.

I also owned a P&R 4 inch 65 and a 3 inch RB 65. I miss 'em all. :cry3:

The handgun in my avatar is a Model 65 probably made in the late 1980's. It and my 681 are my usual EDC's. One of the very few guns that I ever sold was a Ruger Super Blackhawk but the only reason I got it was because a Model 29 was impossible to get.

Sitting in my safe is a 3" Model 13, the old FBI issue.

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
17164_20100227215125_1.jpg17164_20100227215125_2.jpg
Interesting, I always thought the OHP carried the same revolvers. I wonder how popular that Model 29 was, talk about putting the hurt on bad guys. I almost bought one of the Dan Combs presentation guns in the case a couple years ago, a Model 65 if I remember correctly. If the seller hadn't been asking significantly more than they were listed at on various online sales sites I would have. I sure would like one.

Thanks for all the info y'all!

Model 686: http://www.gunlistings.org/oklahoma...ls/17164/sw_model_686_dan_combs_commemorative

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When I started in 1991 I was issued the service gun...a 681 revolver. OS as it was fairly worn. Had the gunsmith freshen it up a bit. Was glad when we went to the P220. I think there is a total of 2 troopers that carry a revolver. Unsure why. We can carry a Glock OR a Sig. Whatever caliber.

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I started in 1991 I was issued the service gun...a 681 revolver. OS as it was fairly worn. Had the gunsmith freshen it up a bit. Was glad when we went to the P220. I think there is a total of 2 troopers that carry a revolver. Unsure why. We can carry a Glock OR a Sig. Whatever caliber.

Not trying to hijack the discussion, but how was the decision made to go with glock or sig only? Is there a thought process behind that decision? Just curious is all.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

:rotflmao: Bored today?? :heart: :kiss:

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not trying to hijack the discussion, but how was the decision made to go with glock or sig only? Is there a thought process behind that decision? Just curious is all.

Well you would have to ask the gun gurus over there that question. In reality....we already have Sigs and the other most popular gun with most Troopers is the Glock.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

There are three according to a bigger, balder, mustachioed trooper that has come in to the store the last few weeks with a nice and shiny .44mag on his hip. Can't remember his name at the moment but think he was wearing lieutenant bars and said he had been part of the academy cadre, maybe supervising it, recently. Said that there were 4 of them but one retired in the last few months.

Also, what is it with troopers having to get permission from their wives to buy guns? This guy was just like you GC.

Latest posts

Top Bottom