Oil change intervals.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you always a prick or do you have to work at it GMThunder. You evidently have it down pat.
I don’t care if you as an expert never change your oil.
I’ll change my oil once a week if I feel like it. You do you. I was asking a question when I started this thread. Sure synthetic is probably superior sure. What works for me has for 36 years.
Shite, my grandpappy built more engines than you checked the oil on one.

Why do you keep misrepresenting what I say? Then whine about me being a prick? Look in the mirror hoss. I only give back what is given on this board. You've been pretty snarky towards others if they say they run longer OCIs. I was literally trying to be helpful and give some reference to the subject by guys that geek out about it, more than anyone here. It would be akin to heading to a gun forum if you're curious about guns. You got dismissive and condescending, so here we are. Don't like it? Don't dish it out.

Honest question.... do you REALLY somehow believe that oil companies prefer someone like me? Or someone like you? You do you as you say, but stop trying to blow smoke up our rear with the false marketing BS. It's just retarded and doesn't make any sense.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why do you keep misrepresenting what I say? Then whine about me being a prick? Look in the mirror hoss. I only give back what is given on this board. You've been pretty snarky towards others if they say they run longer OCIs. I was literally trying to be helpful and give some reference to the subject by guys that geek out about it, more than anyone here. It would be akin to heading to a gun forum if you're curious about guns. You got dismissive and condescending, so here we are. Don't like it? Don't dish it out.

Honest question.... do you REALLY somehow believe that oil companies prefer someone like me? Or someone like you? You do you as you say, but stop trying to blow smoke up our rear with the false marketing BS. It's just retarded and doesn't make any sense.
Sorry, I was asking an honest question and then get piled on for changing my oil at 3500-4000 miles and waisting my money. I depend on my truck for my living. Truck broken I’m not working.
There are other guys here that said they change at the same intervals.
When I bought my truck it was about @7600 since last change and was about a quart low. It has 200k on it now. I’m sure I have some blow by. I’m like swamp rat. Hate that dreaded ticking noise.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just stumbled across these and thought I’d share.

IMG_2079.jpeg

IMG_2078.jpeg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
My 06 5.3 is developing the dreaded tick on cylinder 4 like so many do. I’ve started changing oil at 3500-4000 to avoid it. Makes me cringe when I hear it. I’ll limp it along as long as I can.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm almost ashamed to post this but here goes. I bought a 2024 Corolla last Oct and today I took it to the dealer for the first filter and oil change. It is Toyota's free 32 year maintenance. The car only had 1,250 miles on it and they recommend oil change by 6 months or xxxx miles. That is a waste of good synthetic oil!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just stumbled across these and thought I’d share.

View attachment 464148

View attachment 464149
I overhauled some engines that looked worse than that back in the day. Nobody changed oil back then much, just added when it got low. When they did buy oil, some gas stations offered reclaimed oil that they had ran through a filter and put on the shelf in glass bottles.
One 283 chevy we pulled the intake off of had the valley completely full of gunk to the bottom of the intake manifold. He was adding a quart for a trip across a small town for years to get to work, then adding another when getting home.
No skeeters on his route. The blue smoke from the exhaust surely killed them all.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any idea whether or not Amsoil has any diesel BMW information?

I use the BMW oil but service it myself but ran Amsoil on my 2002 Road King and really liked it. Never thought of running it in the BMW but I would if the information supports it.

Please reach out if any of you know an Amsoil dude.

Latest posts

Top Bottom