Oilfield Layoffs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owu1bag5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats! Hope its a good gig for you and your family. :D

On the other hand Schlumberger announced another 21,000 layoff's today.

That's on top of 20,000 they laid off several months ago.

Unless new info has been released from what I read yesterday, SLB is laying off an additional 11,000 on top of the 9,000 they already laid off. Bringing their total to 20,000 people or 15% of their worldwide workforce.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unless new info has been released from what I read yesterday, SLB is laying off an additional 11,000 on top of the 9,000 they already laid off. Bringing their total to 20,000 people or 15% of their worldwide workforce.

Your right. I was paraphrasing what my wife was reading to me last night from a website. Your numbers are correct.

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jumping to the current downturn, HES laid off around 35% of its workforce this month and I was caught up in it this time. I won't bad mouth the company because I knew
that the oil market and all of its associated entities take a chance at staying afloat or sinking because I've been around oilfield all of my life and I've seen layoffs many times. The money is
pretty good when its being made, but we can't expect it to be made all of the time for the rest of our lives. With that being said, I'm not looking for pity or sympathy because
I lost my job, so just think of this post as informational. I'm a hard nut to crack and I'll keep on going on, so please don't feel bad for me. However, if any of you want to throw
some great paying jobs my way that require standing around and looking dumb, I'm all for that! Please, no truck driver jobs though. Some of you have seen my driving and it's scary
enough in my van! If you didn't laff, you're a stick in the mud! :)

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I worked in the manufacturing center in the pumps division. I don't know if there was any truth to the rumor
I heard at the employment office, but a guy said that this wasn't just a layoff, it is a partial shut down of the facility.
More employees got laid off today as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom