OK 3-Gun Championshi - Final Stages

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am just so damn excited about this! I want to be setup. I know it's not necessary for my first time but I don't want to look like peewee Herman with a pop gun. I want to learn mostly how to shoot accurately then fast.

O and do they have to be the low recoil tactical type slugs? Or is that just preferred?

I will probaby keep with the iron sights but an eotech would be fun. No luck on finding one or a shotty. Financial accounting is taking forever! Get me outta here I've got a 3 gun to prepare for!

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will give it a whirl.

FR= Frangible (clay pigeons)
SP= Steel Plates
USP= Smaller of the two Poppers or steel targets that fall when hit
PP= Pepper Popper the larger of the two poppers
Metric and classic are the two types of targets commonly seen in matches. The mini's are actually the air soft version of them which are half size.

Hope that helps

m

That helps, SP and FR had me scratching my head.

On Stage 6 under scoring it is listed as "1 Slug on Target", the other stages that include slugs all state "1 "A" or 2 on target per paper" but do not mention "1 Slug on Target". However all round counts for slugs are one per target. Are the slug targets all scored 1 slug on target as a hit or are some 1 "A" or 2 hits?

Thanks for the info

rockon71385

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll be there. I finally got a shotgun that I can use and it should be here friday. Now I just need to figure out how to shoot the shotty and AR on the clock....better go read up.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ordered some slugs off of CTD., Lol only I got the S&B slugs 1375 fps, mostly because they were cheap. O well. Also picked up some 40S&W ammo, probably going to WallyWorld tonight to get some 12 gauge birdshot. About to get everything rounded up. I AM FREAKING EXCITED>

Mr. Freeze

Marksman
Reaction score
Couple of 3-gun noob questions:

I have a Maverick 88 and a 1911. As mag tube extenders are not available, I will already be behind so to speak, but would it be worth it to buy .308 and borrow/beg to shoot in HM? Or leave the pump in the truck, bring .223, and beg for a autoloader AND an AR?

And if showing up with a box of ammo and motivation is kosher, surely those with AR platform weapons have a list of rounds they don't really want going through their barrel? More picky than your average AK owner I would suspect. Steel cases, yes/no? 55 grains pretty much standard? I haven't shot any AR's since Uncle stopped supplying me with one and buying my ammo for me, so I dunno much about the details.

Trying to spread the word about this; sounds both fun and divorce-causingly addictive. Also trying REAL hard to not buy an AR-10 or a FAL and solve my dilemma entirely. :rubhands:

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Get a Springfield and call it good! :)

there will be a lot more 223's and auto shotguns for you to borrow. As far as 223 to bring, xm193 is brass cased and relatively cheap and I don't think anyone will be worried about it running in their rifle.

Mike

Latest posts

Top Bottom